Super vc-10 hap. Placidochromis milomo.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wagbo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Any one have any experience with the v10. Ie placidochromis milomo. Please any advice greatly welcome

ooo i have actually, i looked after a mate's tank for her holiday and she had three of these!

they are really quite aggressive and like to eat first, take the most territory and be the boss. from her fish (1m 2f) i saw the girls keep out of his way but challenge the other tank mates regularly. the male pushed the girls around a lot, liked to roll this little bit of driftwood around and a few times stopped tankmates from fighting by swimming between them and chasing one off. her boy was about 8in, one girl 6in the other 5in. ish. but they get to like 11in in a good sized tank.
she fed the fish cichlid vegetarian flakes first, then some Hikari gold cichlid pellets.
the temp was usually at 76-78.
can be kept with like haplochromis varieties of its size, but she liked the peacocks and had 6 of them, 2m 4f. also a rubberlip pleco or a BN one of the two.

they are stunning fish, i reccomend them. if u have a decent tank!! x

Until a couple of weeks ago I had a male of about 6" and he had always been fine although my zebras occasionally bullied him a little.Generally he was very mild mannered and graceful.
A good fish to own and looks great too :)

Back
Top Bottom