Superglue in saltwater tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ozzlil

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have some corals I want to adhere to my live rock. I heard to use superglue,,,,is this safe? Is there something else I should use to secure the coral to the rock?

You can use superglue but it has to be the superglue gel form. It is safe to use. Another form is an epoxy but I've personally not had great experiences with it.

Loctite superglue gel- works better than the coral glue they sell at pet stores.

Super glue works great with leathers, zoas, and ricordea ,in my experience, For healing and attaching to live rock. Mushrooms not so much cause they secrete themselves right off of it. Just be careful with small zoas as too much glu can spread and catch on to the sides making it unable to fully open ( from experience -__-) it will later grow out of it but nonetheless a hassle lol . A simple drop or two usually does the trick on small frags

If you have shrooms best bet is a plastic water bottle cut in half filled with live rock rubble an just leave them in there for a week in the tank and they'll grab onto something lol

kaoticnoodle said:
If you have shrooms best bet is a plastic water bottle cut in half filled with live rock rubble an just leave them in there for a week in the tank and they'll grab onto something lol

That's what my lfs does. They have a beautiful redsea reef setup.

Back
Top Bottom