Survey: How Much Glut Do You Dose Daily?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mama Karoti

Aquarium Advice Freak
For those of you who dose glut for your carbon source:

How many gallons is your planted tank, and how much glut do you dose?

I am still searching for the balance in my tank. I feel like I am getting closer, but not there yet. I am up to 10mL glut per day in a 60 gallon. I would like to know where others are at.

Thanks!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407491324.348781.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

None, when done right you don't need glut or co2 with low tech tanks.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

None, when done right you don't need glut or co2 with low tech tanks.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Come on?? Check soap box at the door;) 17ml/20gal.. but Phillip is kind of right, even with all that glut my 20t is a disaster. . Teardown is my only option at this point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Was on 29-30 cc of excel daily (1cc/gal/d), just switched (today in fact!) to 14 cc of metricide (0.5 cc/gal/d). 29 gal tank, finnex planted + on top, eco complete, black sand cap on bottom.

25 ml of metricide in my 58 gallon tank

Yes straight

I think it's more hinging on the demand of your plant load/needs.. your tank.may look fine now.. once you hit that sweet spot you'll know it! Not me though:( soon.. very very soon

Thank you all for your replies! They have been very helpful.

I think it's more hinging on the demand of your plant load/needs.. your tank.may look fine now.. once you hit that sweet spot you'll know it! Not me though:( soon.. very very soon

Sorry if a silly Q but how do you know it?! And what happens if you use too much?

Up to 10ml Metricide now in my 60g (increasing slowly...) but my plant load is not very heavy so don't want to use too much.......

You'll hit an apex where your plants won't grow any faster, and your algae will start to disappear as fast as it can. Keep it consistent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It works out to 1ml per 5gal for 150gal tank (I think, will have to check).

Edit - how strong is metricide again??

Metricide 14 is 2.5% gluteraldehyde. Excel is an unknown % of polycycloglutaracetal. Similar compounds with similar results. Metricide is supposedly twice the strength of Excel, but I have not seen any strong evidence to support that claim.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom