Swollen Black Skirt Tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scott1980

Aquarium Advice Activist
One of my Black Skirt Tetras has become swollen on both the left and right side towards the bottom. Ever since that, it's been hanging out alot in my Java Fern up against the glass. While in the Java Fern, it's at an odd angle. Is she pregnant? Or is it something else? I've Googled this multiple times, but the search results haven't returned much.

Can you post a picture. She may just be bloated from overfeeding. Cut down on the food.

It's the one to the right. I'll try and get a picture when she is in the Java fern. Is there a way to determine the sex?

Attachments

• Sick Black Skirt.jpg
    Sick Black Skirt.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 332
Normally a female will have less elaborate fins, and a rounder belly.

a pregnant one.

Right they get filled with eggs...

And I learn something else.... I'll try and snap a picture when she's laying in the Java Fern. I'm assuming she, I don't know. Should this really be the case, I'm sure it's been discussed here before. Any thing I should have ready? This is the first time anything like this has happened in my tank.

It doesn't look like dropsy. She may be pregnant.

I've looked at some pictures of dropsy and it appears that it bloats the whole fish. With mine, it's concentrated towards the bottom. Although it doesn't sharply bulge like the other picture. It looks puffy.

Back
Top Bottom