Swordtail worry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

warthog76za

Aquarium Advice Freak
The last day or so, my female swordtail just swims behind and rests behind the filter. She comes out to eat when I put food in the tank but always looks as if she wants to be left alone and it does worry me, since she would swim around alot. Her eating habits hasnt changed, after a while she comes down to scavenge for left over food or nibbles on the plants.

Has anything changed in the tank? More fish? More current? Rearrange the decor?

If she's eating, I wouldn't worry too much yet. It could just be that she's going to give birth soon.

Now everything is still the same. Will try rearranging the decor. This afternoon, as soon as I opened the lid to give them those bloodworm mix and she was first in line to eat.

Is she the only swordtail in the tank?

Besides her I have another female and a male. She seems to have developed slow, while the other 2 look quite big she has only grown a bit.

I have a feeling she is kinda stressed and wants to be left in peace.

she is stressed and she might get picked on a bit so maybe put her in a CT and see if she is better or not

-----Derek

Latest news is, I thought of what Jim said, "has anything changed" and I realise that the past weekend I put the Aquarium Shell Bubbler in the tank and realised overnight ,since I had quite a sleepless night worrying about the fish....that it has taken a lot of space, so I reverted back to the air stone and she looks back to her old self. (y)

Back
Top Bottom