Synspilum aggression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foskett96

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello so I have had my breeding pair of synspilum for about 5-6 months now very beautiful fish. Although within the last 24 hours my male has become very aggressive and territorial to the female chasing her around and mostly keeping her confined to the top areas of the water column. Any ideas why he'd just suddenly start doing this. I just did a water change and while I was performing it the two of them stayed side by side no chasing or aggression to each other

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hello so I have had my breeding pair of synspilum for about 5-6 months now very beautiful fish. Although within the last 24 hours my male has become very aggressive and territorial to the female chasing her around and mostly keeping her confined to the top areas of the water column. Any ideas why he'd just suddenly start doing this. I just did a water change and while I was performing it the two of them stayed side by side no chasing or aggression to each other

What size tank, tank mates, parameters? Have they already bred or are they going through the initiation?

Separate them, fights between mates usually end up with the male killing the female. Keep the female with the fertilized eggs.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

What size tank, tank mates, parameters? Have they already bred or are they going through the initiation?

Separate them, fights between mates usually end up with the male killing the female. Keep the female with the fertilized eggs.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

They are not breeding at the moment they have in the past though. And I wouldn't really call it fighting more just chasing. She normally stands up for herself and is more aggressive them him but I don't know why she hasn't been at the moment.
Tank mates are some smallish silver dollars and 3 neoarius graeffei. They will be going into a new larger tank in about 2-3 months currently in a 100 gallon

They have actually stopped it. My male and female are swimming together and hanging out together in their territory together no chasing or aggression

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom