Tadpoles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuppyLover

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 200 gallon pond in my backyard, it has been there for 7 years. It has 13 frogs, 3 show Koi, and probably 20-30 gold fish. My goldfish reproduce in the summer and only a few of the fry survive, and my Koi reproduced once and 1 fry survived. On the first day of spring (March 20th 2010) my frogs went to it, I had 6 pairs of mating frogs and I had recently cleaned out my pond so we had tubs of old pond water, plants, and fish in it while we re-lined it so they decided to lay there eggs in there. Every year the breed and I get more frogs, a few of them stay while the rest hop to the neighbors pond. I felt especially bad for one of the females whos mate would nearly drown her because of his weight, she was as sweet as could be and would let you hold her (I raised her from a tadpole). I got the eggs and put them in buckets and waited till they hatched. Once they were free swimming I put plants with them. I did PWC's every week but didn't do anything else. In the beginning of winter I released all of the tads into the pond and kept three and brought them in, One huge one, one medium one, and one tiny one. I kept them in a 1 gal critter cage and fed them boiled lettuce chopped into tiny pieces. My problems is they are almost a year old and STILL tads! They haven't developed at all, I thought they would die if they didn't become frogs but they are thriving. I have toyed with the thought of putting them in my aquarium but decided not to. They are driving me crazy:multi: I raised there Mom who I talked about above^ and she didn't take this long to develop, I know everything about tads but have never heard of them taking this long to develop! Please help!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom