Taking the plunge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Elude82 said:
Funny, my tank does the same thing, drives my girlfriend crazy. We've been wondering, but can never find anything. All The fish in the tank are predators, so I doubt it's any type of invert. Any ideas? With the thought that it couldn't be any type of invert? Maybe equipment. It's just a loud snapping cracking sound.

It could be a pistol shrimp. Mine stays pretty much in his burrow, hardly ever ventures out. So if he doesn't come out of the sand, your fish can't get him! :)

I will have to try and catch this little guy. As of now he is "Sasquatch". I hope it is in there my Red Coris Wrasse will catch it, since it burrows in the sand. An the Lunar Wrasse plays in the sand, along with the Blood Red Hawkfish.

I caught the culprit. It was in fact a pistol shrimp! I have a pic but for some reason it wont let me post it...

Cichlid-dude said:
I caught the culprit. It was in fact a pistol shrimp! I have a pic but for some reason it wont let me post it...

What are you gonna do with him? The LFS will probably take him, they can sell it for about $20.

Have you met your "quota" of pics too??

Im going to keep him. Im not sure why i cant post pics, i deleted some and still cant.

Oh good, glad you're keeping him and not killing him. Phew! I'm no shrimp advocate, but didn't see any sense in him having to die, so I'm glad that's not happening!! :)

I would never deliberately kill anything. If i didnt want him id take him to the lfs.

Cichlid-dude said:
I would never deliberately kill anything. If i didnt want him id take him to the lfs.

Yea!! Read a post recently that someone put acetone in a bucket with a mantis they caught. :( I'm scared of mantis shrimp, but that made me sad that was done to one. Don't even want to think about what exactly that stuff did to it.

Like i said id never harm anything ddeliberately. My lfs said they would give me a $25 credit for it if i ever wanted to get rid of it.

One of my percula clowns jumped out of the tank while i was at work. I found him all dried up behind the tank. I was quite attached to that fish, makes me sad.

Its ok, im going to get another one soon. Hopefully the one i have in the tank now gets along with it.

Ordered two of the dimmable taotronic LED fixtures yesterday. I cant wait till they get here and i set them up!

So i have a really bad outbreak of cyano bacteria. Its growing on everything. If i remove it, its back within a day or so. What is the best way to get rid of this stuff?

Ha! I just looked and its even on one of my turbo snails. This stuff is crazy.

Never had it myself, but I've read good things about Chemiclean for cyano. You'll still need to figure out the source of the nutrient issue, though, or it'll come right back.

Thanks for the info beengirl ill look into that. Its reef safe right?

Use RO/DI water, and Frequent water changes. Other people will tell u to use chemicals but I'd try to stay away from that if possible.

Back
Top Bottom