Tangs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Kole Yellow Eye Tang

That`s just a bad picture. The real color is a maroon color. The link will show you and here is mine. He`s in the middle.

029.jpg

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Kole Yellow Eye Tang

That`s just a bad picture. The real color is a maroon color. The link will show you and here is mine. He`s in the middle.

029.jpg

Thanks, I was looking at that link, lol, I must be color blind, it looks more brown to me, but still your's doesn't look the same as the link either, it's more blue/purple to me, maybe my eyes are just buggy. I think that and the yellow tang would be the only tangs I could have in my 75g, correct? And I mean either or, not both.

melosu58 in your "view your tank" link, what is that red and white fish under the yellow tang? Image number 016.jpg I believe it was.

Yes that is correct. Never put tangs of the same shape in a aquarium together unless it is big enough for everyone to be happy that's my opinion though

you really dont want a yellow tang in a 75 either. I have a kole in my 75 but I woulnt put any other tang in one. Oh and mine def has some blue in it mainly around mouth/face area

Yes a yellow tang in a 75 is pushing it. My kole is a very nice purple with some goldish bronze stripes

Yes a yellow tang in a 75 is pushing it. My kole is a very nice purple with some goldish bronze stripes

Can you post a pic? Yeah I know a yellow tang in a 75 would be pushing it, that's why I really don't want one though it says it can be in a 75. How do you know what "color" kole you get. As it sounds like there are kinda different colors. Does it depend on species? or something?

Ummmm I guess it kind of depends on your water parameters

And also you just gotta find one that is one color or the other I've seen the maroon brownish ones also. I'll post a picture tomorrow

A lot of fish vary in color depending on what part of the world they are from... I would assume its the same with tangs. They prob also change a little with age like many other fish

Thanks everyone. It would be probably the last fish I get anyway, so I have a while yet.

I think the reason that they look so different is because the first one appears to be under only or mostly blue/actinic lights. Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom