Tanins and brown water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KPCustoms

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have my 28 gallon nano cube and I got a really big piece of wood one that won't fit into a pot so I can't boil all the tanins out but it was in a garbage can for 6 weeks every week changing the water and when I put it in my tank at first it was clear that was about a month ago and now it's extremely brown is there any kind of like tanin remover or just keep up the 30% water change every week like I have been doing? Some one suggested freshwater clams but I can't find any at the lfs. :/ any help is appreciated. Thank you

Ya I have carbon in my 3 stage filter but it gets so bad I can't even see the fish. Driving me crazy

Not quite sure I got it from my sister in law and she got it from her dad and he doesn't remember

If it keeps leaching huge amounts for a very long period it might not be any good for an aquarium. I have some eucalyptus like that. I soaked it for a good 3 months and the water was still dark brown after 24 hours.

Back
Top Bottom