Tank divider

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChrisJ

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi people

I'm thinking of making a tank divider for my Juwel Vision 260 tank so I can breed guppies and mollies without stressing them out to much.
I've seen people dividing their tanks with foam and was wondering if anyone here has done that?
If so, what type of foam or other materials should I use and how would I fix it in place so it doesn't move... But for the future and cleaning makes it easy to remove an wont damage my tank?

Hi people

I'm thinking of making a tank divider for my Juwel Vision 260 tank so I can breed guppies and mollies without stressing them out to much.
I've seen people dividing their tanks with foam and was wondering if anyone here has done that?
If so, what type of foam or other materials should I use and how would I fix it in place so it doesn't move... But for the future and cleaning makes it easy to remove an wont damage my tank?

Haven't done it with foam but have made a divider out of an acrylic sheet. Drilled a heap of holes through it to allow water to flow through and used a couple of rocks either side of it to prop it up.

Thanks, I've had a look on you tube and got some ideas from there, I have a bow front tank I just hope it's not a problem doing it on there cause all videos are making 1 for a normal tank

No worries. Even using a couple of the suction caps will be enough to hold it. It's only to separate small fish, would be different if you had highly aggressive fish on the tank that are trying to go at each other lol..

Back
Top Bottom