Tank mate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dawgfan89

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can you put a yellow and a hippo tang in the same 75 gallon tank without issue if you put them in at the same time and are similar size or am I asking for trouble?

alot of people i have talked to tell me no. but i got a yellow tang powder blue tang and a blue hippo tang all together not saying it will work for u but it is a risk u will have to ask your self if you r willing to try

i found that if you put them is at the same time and if they are small ( young) you do fine, my blue and yellow tang have been together for two plus years without any problems

Prolly do fine for now. It's just that near to full grown versions of each need 125g or 6ft tanks. They like to swim ya know.

I'd hate to see the succeptable hippo get stressed as they get older and not have much swimming room, and break out with stuff. :)

I myself would love to have a purple,yellow and blue tang in my 100g tank; however, I know it is not the correct thing for the fish. I would never put a blue or purple tang in my size tank, so for the best interests of the little lives I keep in my aquarium I will only have a yellow tank. I will admire the other either in someone else's larger tank or on you tube. I would suggest you do the same!

Back
Top Bottom