Tank Mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jmifland

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am going to be building a custom tank with my father and my girlfriend and I have been looking at fish. We were wondering if these five groups would work well together. The tank will be 40+ gallons but we are not sure on an exact measurement as of yet. Please let me know how these groups will work and how many of each would be best.

Gold Dojo Loach
Longfin Serpae Tetra
Schwartzi Leopard Cory Catfish
Neon Tetra
Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami

I will also have a sump for the tank as well as live plants inside. All help would be greatly appreciated.(y)

black skirt tetras are always a good community fish. 5 or more that is as they are a shoaling fish. Cherry barbs too they are good at picking food off your plants plus their natural habitat has been destroyed so they pretty much live only in aquariums now.

Would the list I posted work well together though? Would adding another species over populate the tank I am building.

Thank you :) I figured they would all get along but I read that gourami's can be aggressive but that type of gourami is docile.

Back
Top Bottom