Tank Moving Dilemma...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DreaminginBlue

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a tank in my godmother's office I've been helping her set up. She is getting some lovely blue dream shrimp for the tank next week from a member of another forum. However, she will have to move the tank in December due to her company moving offices. I'm worried about killing/injuring the shrimp in this process, as I know they can be fragile.
Would it be a better idea to:
A) put the shrimp in the already cycled tank that's all set up for them, with moss and live plants and spiderwood to provide biofilm, etc. Then, when it's time to move, drain the tank and move it while leaving the shrimp in it or transport them in a container. This would be a same day move of an already setup tank.
OR
B) put the shrimp in a less suitable ten gallon which is very sparsely planted and still in progress at home, then move the shrimp over to the office tank after the move?
All feedback is appreciated.

C) Wait until after the move to get the shrimp?

Honestly, since you are going to have move them anyway I would just put them in the tank that will be their home.

I tried C, but the seller (understandably) did not want to hold them that long. I had finally found an opputunity to get some before they were sold out again, so I took it.
That does make sense, perhaps it'd be less stressful for them that way.

Back
Top Bottom