tank question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish.n.Reptile

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone.
I got a question: i got 4 10g I want to set up for breeding
The stand I build was for a 20 long and a 10. I want to take the stand and use it for my breeding project but my problem is since I'm going to set the tank sideways(W). The tank is 24inch which the stand is only 15inch. Will the tank stress and break down? Don't want to wake up to a flood. Below is a pic just to show what I mean.
How the tank will be set.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• IMAG0057.jpg
    IMAG0057.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 83
Hmm, I'm sure it possibly would be able to support it, but I would just go and get a stand that is actually made for aquariums.

You could get a large, thick piece of ply, as wide as the tanks, and screw it onto the top of the stand to make it wider. That way all of the bottom pieces of glass are supported. Are you sure the stand itself will hold that much weight?

Hmm, I'm sure it possibly would be able to support it, but I would just go and get a stand that is actually made for aquariums.

The stand is made from 2by3 and plywood, should hold 4 10 no problem.

You could get a large, thick piece of ply, as wide as the tanks, and screw it onto the top of the stand to make it wider. That way all of the bottom pieces of glass are supported. Are you sure the stand itself will hold that much weight?

Hmmm, that's a good idea, ill think of something.

That stand looks like a cooler.

lol, like mumma say just a quick look at how it will be.

Back
Top Bottom