tank question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

euro_Boy_To

Aquarium Advice Regular
the aquarium tank I got is built in such a way that the bottom of the aquarium is raised up.. the glass on the bottom isn't resting on the table... it's resting in the plastic frame that goes around the bottom.

is this normal/ok?? All the pressure will be right on that glass.. when I add live rock and all, will that be ok?

what did you add for yours?
mayb a bunch of cotton or something will do?

thing is.. glass doesn't bend. Once it would get to the point that whatever soft thing is under is holding it.. it would've already broken by then...
and something hard might put pressure from the bottom up which would be totally bad..

I guess it's safe.. The sides of mine are 6mm which seems to be pretty good for a 30 gallon. I cant measure the top but I think it's extra thick.

All of the glass tanks are made that way. The bottoms are tempered for strength. The can take the weight. No need for any additional support. You could actually cause some undue stress on the glass if you put something stiff undedr there, just leave it as is.

Brian

Back
Top Bottom