Tank questions & showing off :).

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm just sitting here watching my oscars, & I can not wait to put them in their new home! It's almost painful watching them swim in this tank now when they have an "ocean" in the very next room lol. They haven't even seen it yet!

But anyways, I tested my water again. Exactly the same still. I'm thinking about doing a small water change tomorrow if nothing changes.

I did another 50 percent water change on my 46 today. Trying to lower these nitrates still.

I'm just sitting here watching my oscars, & I can not wait to put them in their new home! It's almost painful watching them swim in this tank now when they have an "ocean" in the very next room lol. They haven't even seen it yet!

But anyways, I tested my water again. Exactly the same still. I'm thinking about doing a small water change tomorrow if nothing changes.

I did another 50 percent water change on my 46 today. Trying to lower these nitrates still.

Do another 50% now to help

So the cheapest I can find the light is from the same place I ordered it from. Should I try to get it from them again? Or pay an extra $30 from someone else?

Id go ahead and pay the extra or just order 2 seperate lights

Okay, I just ordered it. It cost $21 more. But this time it's shipping to my post office instead of my house. Makes it was easier. 3-5 days :)

Okay, I just ordered it. It cost $21 more. But this time it's shipping to my post office instead of my house. Makes it was easier. 3-5 days :)

Sweet! Cant wait to see it up. Im addicted to this betta I sae today. Its a dragonscale thats green and has gold inlay basically!

Sweet! Cant wait to see it up. Im addicted to this betta I sae today. Its a dragonscale thats green and has gold inlay basically!

Me neither!! I like the glass top I have. I'm thinking of getting one for each of my aquariums. The one for my 10 gallon is $17 including shipping.

That sounds like a nice looking betta fish! I have never owned a betta before. I just didn't like the small vases I'd see people put them in. I'm not sure why lol. I'd like to have one though one day. They are so pretty! Where did you see it at?

Me neither!! I like the glass top I have. I'm thinking of getting one for each of my aquariums. The one for my 10 gallon is $17 including shipping.

That sounds like a nice looking betta fish! I have never owned a betta before. I just didn't like the small vases I'd see people put them in. I'm not sure why lol. I'd like to have one though one day. They are so pretty! Where did you see it at?

I saw it at work and hid it to buy tomorrow or monday! Ill post crappy pics right now

I saw it at work and hid it to buy tomorrow or monday! Ill post crappy pics right now

Okay do it! What will you put it in?

Haaha that just sounds funny. You "hid" a fish. :p. haven't heard that sentence too often if ever.

Not sure how you work there. I'd but everything :eek:

Okay do it! What will you put it in?

Haaha that just sounds funny. You "hid" a fish. :p. haven't heard that sentence too often if ever.

Haha! I put him in out sick fish room so no one buys him! Im gonna put him in prolly a 2.5g or a 5g. Whichever the wife says I can get! I did just get a 36 setup so we will see! I keep my room super cold so a heater is a must!

Pics!!!
img_2616002_0_39fa8cf0837d3011f36faf0d4c8b1bc3.jpg
img_2616002_1_23f683c11425d4e97a84758baaa4843d.jpg
img_2616002_2_bb926f87850606f8d4520c98cdb621a6.jpg
img_2616002_3_eb14bbb8df57bbb3e038905cc4918e57.jpg

Oh, he is pretty!
Honestly, I would go with the 5 gallon. Smaller tanks are fine for bettas, but its always fun to watch them utilize extra room, especially the smaller finned varieties that can swim a bit better. My hmpk owns every inch of his 10 gallon.

Ooooh, it's a female? Nice. That is a gorgeous female. I rarely see girls that nice in pet shops. All of my really pretty girls have been bought from breeders or imports.

In the case of this betta, the anal and dorsal fins are a bit long for a female. On short finned male bettas, the tail is short but the anal and dorsal fins are still usually much longer than those of similarly sized females. Also, females will have an "egg spot" on their belly. Males will have a larger "beard" when flaring and are more likely to flare for a mirror.

Back
Top Bottom