Tank questions & showing off :).

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree! I can't wait for fluffy to get bigger!

& me neither!! I had a random question, my oscars aren't as big as some I have seen, is it because I had them in that 46 gallon tank for about a year? They are growing...but super slow. I wasn't sure if maybe I messed them up by having them in that small tank for too long.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395186496.342856.jpg

Ohh & I also added a nice piece of driftwood to my shrimp tank. :). I have a lot of moss from the mossball growing all over the ground though. Is there a way to stop this? To much light? It makes the bottom of the tank look kind of nasty.

& me neither!! I had a random question, my oscars aren't as big as some I have seen, is it because I had them in that 46 gallon tank for about a year? They are growing...but super slow. I wasn't sure if maybe I messed them up by having them in that small tank for too long.

From what I know they grow to 8-10" and then majorly slow down to like an inch every 6 months to a year

From what I know they grow to 8-10" and then majorly slow down to like an inch every 6 months to a year

That kind of sounds like a yes. Maybe it will just take them longer to get big since I stunted their growth, or maybe they won't grow at all. I suppose only time will tell.

That kind of sounds like a yes. Maybe it will just take them longer to get big since I stunted their growth, or maybe they won't grow at all. I suppose only time will tell.

Sorry man I didn't even answer your question. I don't think they were stunted at all. They will just grow slower and yes some do stop and max out at 10" or so

Ya but they would be cute and would probably make lots of money and be cool.

Ps my bed avi is inspired my mine and Tx's chat the other day! My cows

Ya but they would be cute and would probably make lots of money and be cool.

Ps my bed avi is inspired my mine and Tx's chat the other day! My cows

Haha nice! Mooooooooo! :p. I like it. & baby oscars are cute, but I got a giant tank for some giant oscars. So I hope they get there :)

Awesome! Guess they are happy with their new home.

Hey Alyxx! I was reading through my thread again I read something about you raising Marble Crawfish, do you still do that? I might be interested in doing this in my 20 gallon tank. :)

Sorry man I didn't even answer your question. I don't think they were stunted at all. They will just grow slower and yes some do stop and max out at 10" or so

& no worries. Awesome, I'll just have to give it more time. Now I got one more question, I went through & re-read a bunch of my thread. & I was thinking about getting neon tetras for my shrimp tank. 4-5 of them. Would they munch down the babies? Or should I just keep it shrimp only?

& no worries. Awesome, I'll just have to give it more time. Now I got one more question, I went through & re-read a bunch of my thread. & I was thinking about getting neon tetras for my shrimp tank. 4-5 of them. Would they munch down the babies? Or should I just keep it shrimp only?

I haven't heard of them eating shrimp
Babies

Great news. I wanted to add a little more color to it, & a few tetras would do that wonderfully. Only 2 though?

Edit: nvm. I realize you meant they will only eat a few. How many should I get you think?

Back
Top Bottom