Tank questions & showing off :).

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry im blunt! I did relize your new but way too many people have done the same

Ok sorry im just trying to show my fish off get help and share my input around here! Not trying to cause any trouble

Ok sorry im just trying to show my fish off get help and share my input around here! Not trying to cause any trouble

It does look good, dont get me wrong! Make a new thread if you'd like or bump one up from the grave for showing you nice tank. We have waaay too many!

It does look good, dont get me wrong! Make a new thread if you'd like or bump one up from the grave for showing you nice tank. We have waaay too many!

Woah! That got a little out of hand. Lol.

I'm headed to get my lid right now. The water has cleared up tremendously.

I have to remove the carbon that's in my filters when I get back home, & then I plan on adding my rocks into the tank. Then dosing it with ammonia for the first time. Big day today. Lol.

Carbons out of the filters. Holey rock & slate rock are in the tank. Some fake plants from my other established tank are in there as well. I added about 15 ML of ammonia. I hope that was right, it was what the bottle had said lol.
But other than that, everything is up & running. I guess now it's just simply waiting & maintaining the right amount of ammonia.

Ohh & the lid fit perfectly :). Yeah buddy. Water is getting clearer & clearer. Finally things are falling into place lol.

Attachments

• image-420217247.jpg
    image-420217247.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 74
Carbons out of the filters. Holey rock & slate rock are in the tank. Some fake plants from my other established tank are in there as well. I added about 15 ML of ammonia. I hope that was right, it was what the bottle had said lol.
But other than that, everything is up & running. I guess now it's just simply waiting & maintaining the right amount of ammonia.

Ohh & the lid fit perfectly :). Yeah buddy. Water is getting clearer & clearer. Finally things are falling into place lol.

Now its a waiting game. Test your water every day for results!

Now its a waiting game. Test your water every day for results!

I used my test kit for the first time today, not sure why I waited so long to open it. (To be honest, I put it somewhere & forgot about it lol). But I tested my 46 bow water, & I was a little high on my nitrates but I did another water change in hopes of lowering.

I haven't tested the 175 yet though, figured I'd wait until tomorrow. But I'm so so so excited.

Ohh, & btw I was watching my oscars from a far earlier, & the tiger oscar was laying down on it's side at the bottom, with the albino one kind of laying down beside it. Really odd behavior! I've never seen them act this way. They are also pushing all the fish to the other side of the tank.

I used my test kit for the first time today, not sure why I waited so long to open it. (To be honest, I put it somewhere & forgot about it lol). But I tested my 46 bow water, & I was a little high on my nitrates but I did another water change in hopes of lowering.

I haven't tested the 175 yet though, figured I'd wait until tomorrow. But I'm so so so excited.

Ohh, & btw I was watching my oscars from a far earlier, & the tiger oscar was laying down on it's side at the bottom, with the albino one kind of laying down beside it. Really odd behavior! I've never seen them act this way. They are also pushing all the fish to the other side of the tank.

Hmmmmm! Sounds like oscar mating behavior. Id keep a close eye on them. They will become highly territorial

Hmmmmm! Sounds like oscar mating behavior. Id keep a close eye on them. They will become highly territorial

Don't say that!!! You'll get me all excited lol. I need to get them in this new tank then!! I also put some slate rocks on the very bottom of the tank so they have flat rocks on the bottom. Isn't that where they lay their eggs?

Don't say that!!! You'll get me all excited lol. I need to get them in this new tank then!! I also put some slate rocks on the very bottom of the tank so they have flat rocks on the bottom. Isn't that where they lay their eggs?

Yes most of the time and then bsbies hatch I believe 2 to 3 days later

Yes most of the time and then bsbies hatch I believe 2 to 3 days later

Woah! That's really fast. I'm not sure what I would even do if they had babies. That would be so crazy! I have no where to put them.

Looked at my tank this morning as I walked out the door & It's starting to look amazing!

Woah! That's really fast. I'm not sure what I would even do if they had babies. That would be so crazy! I have no where to put them.

Looked at my tank this morning as I walked out the door & It's starting to look amazing!

It will take around 3 days to clear up. I came home yesterday from work to see a crystal clear tank! But day 2 I did a 5g water change I cant wait too see yours!

It will take around 3 days to clear up. I came home yesterday from work to see a crystal clear tank! But day 2 I did a 5g water change I cant wait too see yours!

I just got home from work right now, & my tank is very clear now. I can see the back, I can see all the way through it. These filters are pretty badass.

Anyways, I tested the water. My ammonia was around 4 ppm, nitrite was at 0 still. So I'm not going to add anything today. I'll just look at a gorgeous empty tank. :).

I'm still waiting on the driftwood to sink. Also, my light I ordered was sent back. I'm not sure why. It said it was in lytle a while back then they returned it. I emailed the seller. Waiting on a response.

Attachments

• image-1469862109.jpg
    image-1469862109.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 90
I just got home from work right now, & my tank is very clear now. I can see the back, I can see all the way through it. These filters are pretty badass.

Anyways, I tested the water. My ammonia was around 4 ppm, nitrite was at 0 still. So I'm not going to add anything today. I'll just look at a gorgeous empty tank. :).

I'm still waiting on the driftwood to sink. Also, my light I ordered was sent back. I'm not sure why. It said it was in lytle a while back then they returned it. I emailed the seller. Waiting on a response.

Enjoy it while its empty! Itll be full of life soon! Its looking really clear!

So I was putting my test kit in the stand when I noticed a little bit of water inside the stand :/.

I could not believe it, so I started feeling all over the tank, & in not one spot could I find any drip of water. I was relived. The water is leaking from my new canister filter. It's coming out of the power cord. I googled it. They said I need O rings? Should I try to fix it myself or return it & get a new one?

So I was putting my test kit in the stand when I noticed a little bit of water inside the stand :/.

I could not believe it, so I started feeling all over the tank, & in not one spot could I find any drip of water. I was relived. The water is leaking from my new canister filter. It's coming out of the power cord. I googled it. They said I need O rings? Should I try to fix it myself or return it & get a new one?

The light could have been sent back because the package was damaged, this has happened to me more than once (once with a fake Christmas tree the week of Christmas). I'm sure my heart just sank as much as yours when I read that there was water in the stand. Having to re-seal it would be a nightmare. Good news / bad news that it is the filter, I'd send it back and get one that is working properly from the start, plus with no fish yet, the lower filtration won't be an issue.

The light could have been sent back because the package was damaged, this has happened to me more than once (once with a fake Christmas tree the week of Christmas). I'm sure my heart just sank as much as yours when I read that there was water in the stand. Having to re-seal it would be a nightmare. Good news / bad news that it is the filter, I'd send it back and get one that is working properly from the start, plus with no fish yet, the lower filtration won't be an issue.

If you read a little further back in my thread I already had to re seal it lol. Yeah I plan on sEnding the filter back tomOrrow. Amazon already said they'd send the new one.

Back
Top Bottom