Tank questions & showing off :).

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Should I give the other fish time to establish themselves before putting the oscars in or it won't matter?

Also, the temps of the tanks are the same. Do I just net them & put them in there?

No. You have to get them used to the water itsself. Use a drip acclimation for each fish in a bucket. Are the oh the same in both tanks?

No. You have to get them used to the watet itsself. Use a drip acclimation for each fish in a bucket. Are the oh the same in both tanks?

Okay, I just learned how to do that right now. Luckily I had all the supplies laying around my house. I didn't think I had an pressure valves but I got like 4 of them with the air pumps.

Take the 46 gallon aquarium water, put some in a bucket. Add a fish. Then drip the water from the 175 gallon into the bucket. For how long?

Okay, I just learned how to do that right now. Luckily I had all the supplies laying around my house. I didn't think I had an pressure valves but I got like 4 of them with the air pumps.

Take the 46 gallon aquarium water, put some in a bucket. Add a fish. Then drip the water from the 175 gallon into the bucket. For how long?

Do a good 30minuts for each oscar and then add the rest in a bucket at 1 time and do another 30mins. Its the safest most effective way. Do the 5g bucket half full and then drip till its full all the way with the 175g water but

Do a water change 95% on the 175 first

Do a good 30minuts for each oscar and then add the rest in a bucket at 1 time and do another 30mins. Its the safest most effective way. Do the 5g bucket half full and then drip till its full all the way with the 175g water but

Do a water change 95% on the 175 first

Already did the water change, it's filling back up right now. Was going to let the tank run for about 30 minutes then start acclimating them.

I finally stripped my 20 that I need to reseal. It's going to be a few days before I can finish scraping out residue, though. I ended up with an evil blister on my index finger from the edge of the blade. Which of course was popped as it formed because even the dull edge is kind of sharp. My index finger is just a painful mess.

So far so good. I'm sure they are blown away by how much room they have to swim now :).

My tiger oscars eye still looks horrible though. :/. I really don't know what to do..

Attachments

• image-2143507427.jpg
    image-2143507427.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 106
  • image-1879735816.jpg
    image-1879735816.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 128
So far so good. I'm sure they are blown away by how much room they have to swim now :).

My tiger oscars eye still looks horrible though. :/. I really don't know what to do..

I'd just leave it and see if it improves with the big tank. It may have been the stress of being in a small tank that is keeping it from getting better.

You should upload a youtube vid once the fish get settled in.

Such lovely fish, how's the eye?
(Not sure why I'm seeing a picture in this post!)

Attachments

• image-1923919614.jpg
    image-1923919614.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 130
Ahhhh! Hello guys. I'm so sorry I haven't been updating my tank. Summer is finishing up so I've been busy on my farm. Sun up to sun down. Ive been managing my tank fairly well though. I'm loving it.

I'll get a video up tomorrow guys, but right now I have to ask something. I found my Severums doing some weird lip kissing things about 3 days ago. I took a video of it. But now I was looking at the tank closely & I think they laid eggs!!! They are staying by this one rock. Guarding it fairly well. & I see little tails sticking out. Am I right? Take a look & let me know.

Again, sorry I've been gone for so long & I'll definitely get a better update of the tank tomorrow.

Attachments

• image-890981844.jpg
    image-890981844.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 121
  • image-3855438577.jpg
    image-3855438577.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 111
  • image-1096881890.jpg
    image-1096881890.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 108
Ahhhh! Hello guys. I'm so sorry I haven't been updating my tank. Summer is finishing up so I've been busy on my farm. Sun up to sun down. Ive been managing my tank fairly well though. I'm loving it.

I'll get a video up tomorrow guys, but right now I have to ask something. I found my Severums doing some weird lip kissing things about 3 days ago. I took a video of it. But now I was looking at the tank closely & I think they laid eggs!!! They are staying by this one rock. Guarding it fairly well. & I see little tails sticking out. Am I right? Take a look & let me know.

Again, sorry I've been gone for so long & I'll definitely get a better update of the tank tomorrow.

Lip locking is a common breeding behavior for cichlids.

Lip locking is a common breeding behavior for cichlids.
That's what I have been reading, the video is pretty awesome. I'll post it on YouTube then get the link on my thread this afternoon. Headed to a market right now.

But I'm almost positive those are little fish tails sticking out of the eggs. I'm assuming I have a pair, because some of the eggs look like they have fungus or whatever growing on them, then others look like they have functioning little tails poking out of them.

Back
Top Bottom