tank upgrade issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What about cycling with ammonia tho?? Surely if theres traces of ammonia in there id just top it up to 4ppm when im cycling.. Or should i do a fish in cycle with a tank this big?...

I think i will use warm water n vinegar tbh it seems like the favoured method.. Any particular vinegar or just the stuff i put on my chips?

Ok... Stock question...im just playing with ideas at the minute but including my current stock id like:

1x ctenopoma acutirostre (african leaf fish (ALF))
4x rainbow cichlids
5x polka dot loaches
5x clown loaches
1x leopard frog pleco
1x fire eel (or similar)

Now please dont shoot me down the questions ive got are...

Is it a bad idea to mix loach species?
Do you think clown loaches will stress my ALF?
will a fire eel eat my polka dots and leopard frog pleco.

Aq advisor reckons im waaay over stocked.. I think the tank will still look empty, but tbh i take that site with a pinch of salt as it reckons just moving my current stock over my tank is over 50% stocked

I reeally like the fire eel idea but any similar ideas are welcome. I think the ebjd mentioned on earlier posts might be a bit aggressive to have with my loaches so gouramis might be a better idea.

Come on guys so far ive only had 2 suggestions being denisons and ebjds.

Im looking all over for ideas but cichlids seem too agressive except my rainbows.. I think dwarf cichlids are a little drab and a bit small to really add to the tank.. Id like angels but it seems every man and his dog has them. If i have clowns (i know they get big) i think id be maxing out the lower half of my tank and an eel is really a push... Im so stumped so please feel free to throw ideas at me...

What would you do with this tank!?!?

In lieu of the severum, look into the festivum. They stay smaller and can be kept with plants. Mid to top dweller.

David

I don't know much about the stock you have, but i do know about loaches, I have several different kinds in my tank, so that answers your question about mixing them and Aqadvisor will say you're over stocked because of the clown loaches at least, eventually they will outgrow our 75 gallon tanks. I have striata, angelicus, and clowns all together in mine, they shoal together so don't limit yourself to only two types unless you only want those

I feel dumb now i didnt think about to full sized clowns... Saw some in the zoo once they were MASSIVE i mean people say 12".. Thats a huge understatement.. Ill try again on aqadvisor without the clowns just to get a better idea. Didnt think theyd shoal together tho so thanks for the info.

The fish ive got are all peaceful, rainbow cichlids are about as mild as cichlids get unless they r spawning but get to around 6" might get another 4 females at the min ive got 1 male and 3 females

My ALF gets about the same size but is a peaceful predator, bothers noone unless they will fit in his mouth.

My frog pleco.. well i never see him he was like £35 and is beautiful but hides all day and gets to around 4"..

And you already know about the loaches...
(Just incase you were interested)

lol sorry i just like typing

Back
Top Bottom