Tank Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AprilMartinez said:
I don't know how to read, Andrew. Lol. No, but i will. Thanks again!

It's a great article written by a good man. You'll get a lot of great information from it April. Good luck with everything.

Dino

AprilMartinez said:
That was very informative. I think I might buy the books he read. It could only help.

First off thanks to the both of you and I'm glad you like it here April. :) con is the man I tryed to tell ya lol

The books that are on there are kinda outdated but not a lot has changed if I remember right. It all depends on how much info you want to learn about these guys. I have a ton of bookmarks on my phone of places I like to go to and read. Their are some great people and very knowledgeable people around this forum that I learned a lot from and so will you con and everyone else.

Ps I'm still learning :) and now that Dino worked out (knock on wood) all his problems its going to be hard to learn. Lol j/k always posts to learn from :) good luck if you need something you can pm ^^^^goof ball up there ^^^^ ;)

^^^^ oh I must have gotten confused. Thought we were saving the best for last ;)

image-2991409902.jpg

image-1695331244.jpg

image-3558583321.jpg

PS... It's always a never ending learning experience. We seem to learn new things along the way and this forum allows us to share our experiences and offer up little tricks of the trade :)

AprilMartinez said:
It's got three canister and came with these balls of substrate that looked like coco puffs. If only I'd had some milk, they'd been eaten. It also came with one blue pad for the bottom tray and a charcoal but the charcoal one I didn't add because it wasn't necessary according to the instructions. It is:

Product Description
The EHEIM Ecco canister filters offer three stages of long-term filtration (mechanical, chemical, and biological) in an easy-to-set-up package.

The EHEIM Ecco canister filters offer three stages of long-term filtration (mechanical, chemical, and biological) in an easy-to-set-up package. The multifunction handle, with worldwide patent-pending technology, is unique to the EHEIM Ecco filter. In addition to locking and unlocking the filter and use as a carrying handle, it functions as a priming device. After simply connecting the intake and output hoses, and arranging your media baskets, move the multifunction handle down to the start position. The water flow will begin. When the filter is full, just plug and play. The filter comes complete with media, fittings, and valves. The convenient interlocking media baskets allow for versatility in media setup while preventing water by-pass. With proper media setup, a long service life can be expected, on average 3-6 months between cleanings. The intake and output hose attachments are designed to swivel 360 degrees to ensure kink-free hose connections. A silicone-based integrated o-ring ensures leak-free secure operation. With a new handy impeller cover, annual impeller maintenance could not be easier.

As with all EHEIM canister filters, the Ecco impeller drive is outfitted with ceramic shaft and carbon bearing to ensure silent operation. EHEIM hermetically sealed motor technology guarantees efficient low-energy consumption and safe operation with a long-life expectancy. For fresh and saltwater aquariums. Made in Germany.

Filter Tank Size Gallons
Per Hour
2232 up to 35 gallons 127
2234 up to 60 gallons 145
2236 up to 80 gallons 185

And I have the 2234

I use the Ecco 2236, great filter - have had it running for nearly a year and the only thing I replace is the top circular floss pad and the blue coarse ring every 6 months as it gets blocked up with parts of my plants. You will need to clean the tubes every few months - Eheim sell a brush set that does the job, you notice your flow rate dropping and brown tubes. Sometimes you get a leak around the red seal on the pump head, put some Vaseline round it should make the seal last longer.

Back
Top Bottom