Tank water???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
Why die my tank look like this... It's been like this for about two weeks and I can't get it to go away any info on what I should do??? It's not very noticeable in the picture but the water is like a greenish color it's making me mad

Attachments

• image-1106428299.jpg
    image-1106428299.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 109
How many hours do you leave your light on? How much do you feed? How often do you do partial water changes?

I just dis a full water change and put chemicals in the tank and I leave the light on during the day and off at night but its been on quit a bit lately I forget to turn it off at night

Get yourself a timer, then you don't ever have to worry about it. Try feeding less, and keep up with your weekly water changes and see how it goes over the next couple of weeks.

Ok should I keep the light off for a whole day or what I'm only 16 so I can't get a lot of stuff

But why isn't my other tank doing it I have two lights on my other one with a single filter and I feed my other tank alot more food than my other one and I constantly keep one light on in it why isn't that one cloudy

If you put some of the water in a cup is the water tinted green? If so that is an algae bloom. If you do a WC and the water clouds back up this indicates a bacterial bloom. Both will return (if it is indeed one of these two things) even with a very large WC because the algae and bacteria will still be in the water that didn't get removed and will cause the tank to have the same issue. A UV sterilizer is the fastest way to eradicate both of these problems. Also how long has the tank been set up?

If you put some of the water in a cup is the water tinted green? If so that is an algae bloom. If you do a WC and the water clouds back up this indicates a bacterial bloom. Both will return (if it is indeed one of these two things) even with a very large WC because the algae and bacteria will still be in the water that didn't get removed and will cause the tank to have the same issue. A UV sterilizer is the fastest way to eradicate both of these problems. Also how long has the tank been set up?

You took my thunder rivercats I was getting to that point. Anyways major +1 to what rivercats said

Ummmm it's been set up for pssssssssh ummmmm prolly 8-9 months maybe longer

No I cleaned the filter the other day but that was after the bloom started

Yes it does have a greenish tint but its a very small tint I kept the light off all day today and it looked like it cleared up a ill bit

Then is was a algae bloom, reduce the amount of time the light is on and some water changes will clear it up

A true algae bloom will need either a true full black out, in which the bloom can return if all the algae isn't killed. Your best bet is a UV filter as it will actually kill all the free floating algae causing the bloom so it won't return.

EDIT: May on this forum have used this UV with great results for algae blooms and bacterial blooms... http://www.petco.com/product/114522...e-Internal-UV-Sterilizer-with-Power-Head.aspx

Back
Top Bottom