Tank water???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So what should I do cuz I have live plants and two fish that'll kill other fish one even bit my finger the other day and wouldn't let go so I can't put them in my other tank

Get ride of them if you want to add more fish, if one of my fish bit me, ha he be having a crash course on how to fly out the window(joking)

So what should I do cuz I have live plants and two fish that'll kill other fish one even bit my finger the other day and wouldn't let go so I can't put them in my other tank

As was said just reduce the light levels in the tank and reduce feeding. You can acquire a timer at wal mart for $10 that will automate the lighting process for you. It might even be a little cheaper. While a UV sterilizer is perfect for getting rid of an algae or bacterial bloom the small ones cost on average $75 and just go up from there.

The OP stated the water in a white cup had a green tint which means it's an algae bloom. Water changes will reduce green water- algae blooms temporarily, but will not eliminate it. The same holds for reduced lighting. As long as the suspended algae remains in the tank it will flare up at the first available chance when given more light, reduced WC's, and excess nutrients. Blacking the tank out for 3 days or longer can be effective but not always, it is also okay for fish and plants to go 3 days in complete darkness and no food. The UV sterilizer will kill off all the suspended algae and the issue will be resolved. It is the quickest and most effective method. The UV I linked to is $40 for one that works in a tank up to 50g and many on this forum have used it.

Idk I turned my light off for a single day and it went away so I think I caught it in time

Time will tell. Just remember as long as there are even a few suspended algae in the tank it can return very easily. You'll just have to monitor the water.

I will don't worry it's been a few days and its clearer than ever wait is that even a word

Back
Top Bottom