Tankmates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KantGetRite

Aquarium Advice Freak
So it seems as though things have settled down and my tank is doing well now.

I currently have a 55g tank with a Aqueon 55/75 filter

6 Emerald Cory Cats
7 Bloodfin Tetras
4 Fancy Guppies
1 Marble Veiled Angelfish

What else should I stock in the tank? Also I had to treat the tank with Fungus Care and it turned the water green. The box said to add the carbon filters and it would remove the green from the water but it still isnt right. Any idea how to fix that?

It worries me that you know their scientific name and not their standard name....either showing off or spend too much time with fish ;)

I'm considering adding a school of 10 Von rio flame tetras, adding 3 more bloodfin tetras, and one or two angels.

So my aquarium would look like this:
10x Bloodfin Tetras
10x Von Rio Flame Tetras
6x Emerald Cory Cats
4x Fancy Guppies
2-3x Angelfish

Thoughts?

It worries me that you know their scientific name and not their standard name....either showing off or spend too much time with fish ;)

Well, like you I am also a teacher so I like to be thorough. Just can't get a job here in NY, go figure lol. And you learn the names along the way, it's easier to talk in scientific names because there will be no confusion.

Just a heads up from someone who has had full grown angelfish for years. When your angels get bigger they are going to eat your guppies! Mine ate all my neon tetras and the are bigger than guppies.:huh:

Yeah, I have a 15g Column tank that is being setup that my wife is going to have in here kindergarten classroom and I think I'll rehome them to that tank

Also if you get more angels I've found that its better to do it in pairs, because they pair up together and if you get three they will pick on the third.The most I keep in my 65 gal is two pairs though ,because they are very territorial .

you could get three ,but there is no garantee that your going to get a male female pair. Angelfish are extemely hard to tell sex when young and if you do end up with only females they will still pair up and one of the females will replicate the male, only obviously the eggs will never get fertalized. Honestly if you have four young angels you'll be lucky if you get one fertile pair your first try. I guess what I'm saying is yes give it a try and good luck! I ended up with all females and once you have them you can't just get rid of them I've had mine for over six years now and sadlly just lost my first angel last month. :(

Back
Top Bottom