tap water filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alyxx said:
Get a cuttlebone, they sell them at pet stores with the bird supplies. Just break it and put a piece in your filter or under some decorations. It will add calcium to the water. Or, the next time you cook some eggs, clean the shells very very well, pull the membrane off them, then bake them for a little while to kill any bacteria, then cru it and add it to your substrate. Or you could use the supplements available in the fish store for marine aquariums. Just get a calcium test kit too.

Cuttler stone look very unpure. It look like it can modifies my fertilizer parameter to ( others the calcium ). how trusting his this stuff

Cuttle bone is just the beak of a cuttlefish. Not manmade, and almost pure calcium. I use it in all of my tanks right now for my snails and as a slight buffer.

It's not the beak. It's their internal structure. It's made of mostly aragonite. I use with my caridina shrimp like RCS, but not for CRS, which actually prefer a lower pH/soft acidic water. If they are dying after molting though, I would give it a shot.

Back
Top Bottom