TCC 36 Bowfront Dutch Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would change it out because if you cap reg Eco with sand the sand will slowly just fall through the Eco and end up under it. If you like the look of sand check into the Eco complete "fine".

In that case I will switch it for the black Eco complete fine. I think it will look nice. How ich larger is the regular? I'm thinking I will need two and bags and was thinkng bag of each May work well.

You could do Aqua Soil. The nutrients of dirt with buffering capabilities, and it's very attractive. Best substrate around.

You could do Aqua Soil. The nutrients of dirt with buffering capabilities, and it's very attractive. Best substrate around.

Also the most expensive, that's why I didn't suggest it he doesn't have a lot of money to throw around

In that case I will switch it for the black Eco complete fine. I think it will look nice. How ich larger is the regular? I'm thinking I will need two and bags and was thinkng bag of each May work well.

Regular Eco isn't overly big, I guess maybe comparable to cat litter or smaller whereas Eco fine is sand like and pretty small.

Regular Eco isn't overly big, I guess maybe comparable to cat litter or smaller whereas Eco fine is sand like and pretty small.

I've never seen the fine, only normal sized grains. I did see a red Eco the other day which was pretty cool.

Yea there's the course black and course red. But only fine black. I think I'm going to do a bag of fine and a bag of the course.

I think if you do that you'll just end up with two layers as the course will sink and fine layer at the surface. I think the regular Eco looks just fine and once you plant it you won't see the substrate anyway.

I think if you do that you'll just end up with two layers as the course will sink and fine layer at the surface. I think the regular Eco looks just fine and once you plant it you won't see the substrate anyway.

Well that's fine. Wouldn't rooted plants stay better in course and debris stay on the top of the finer?

The fine actually has red-orange clay colored ones mixed into the mostly black grains. If you mix the fine and regular the fine will work it's way down under the regular since the fine has a smaller grain size.

As for the plants they root down just fine in either. As for detris anything smaller than the grain size of the substrate can work it's way down into the substrate. Larger detris will tend to lay on top of fine substrate but as it breaks down and becomes smaller and smaller it too can work into the substrate. Remember plants tanks are not normally gravel vac'd.

Back
Top Bottom