teaching a clown to host a torch coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sstanle4

Aquarium Advice Freak
What is the best way to get a clownfish to host a torch or anything? My clown is about 1 inch long and I really want him to host my torch or maybe even my xinea. Anybody know a good method to do this?

Lots people have tricks like segregating the 2 or taping pics of a clown hosting something. I myself have never tried to get mine to host anything mainly because from what I've read, clowns can get a little carried away and do some damage to the coral.

I can't get mine to host a frogspawn, any ideas??

there are different species of clownfish in the world and there are different species of coral and anemones. they would feel more comfortable hosting something from their native waters than a random coral from anywhere else in the world

Tank bred clowns, but they loved playing in my blue tip nem till he died. Plus that thing wouldn't stick to anything but my coral. They kinda nip at the frogspawn but won't play in it.

My Malu nem is latched onto a rock upside down...how can I get my clown to host it!?!?!

Quite frankly, there is no sure way to get a clown to host anything. They either will or they won't. Sometimes they'll host something right away, and sometimes it'll take a long time. They can also change their minds. Mine hosted a feather duster worm for quite some time but seems to be thinking about hosting my green bta now. Really, it's up to the fish and you can't force it.

Update... My clowns just randomly started hosting my frogspawn. I walked by today and they we're both playing in it. I'm stoked! Now I can ease back the target feeding, sweet!

Jmkb02 said:
Update... My clowns just randomly started hosting my frogspawn. I walked by today and they we're both playing in it. I'm stoked! Now I can ease back the target feeding, sweet!

Sweet!! Awesome news!

Back
Top Bottom