Technical

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ducatiman

Aquarium Advice Freak
Once my main tank has cycled and levels are good, I intend having 3 small tanks nearby for quarantine, fry and hospital tank. I thought of using water from my main tank to set them up. Is this a good idea. Also, the small tanks will have minimal gravel and no live plants, will levels hold or differ from large tank. Also if there is no fish in the tanks, am I safe to switch filtration and heating of until such time when fish are being added or again will levels drop too much. Will level hold better with filter and heating on.....? How long can water sit without filtration before it goes stagnant!!!

the smaller tank will still need to cycled, so the filters would either have to be running on them or on the main tank

Run extra filters on your main tank... then set up the tanks for fry and qt when you need them. No need to have a separate 'hospital' and 'qt'. They serve the same purpose.

you don't need to run the quarantine tanks or hospital tanks simultaneously.
That will lead to a huge electricity bill! - especially considering most of the time they will be empty

Just add an extra filter (power filter/hang-on filter or Sponge filter) to your main tank.
And when you need to quarantine a fish or hospitalize a fish, then move that extra filter to the spare tank.

Run extra filters on your main tank... then set up the tanks for fry and qt when you need them. No need to have a separate 'hospital' and 'qt'. They serve the same purpose.

hahahaha - we posted the exact thing, at the same time !!!
:ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom