Teddy Bear Crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crabs

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just got rid of a small Teddy bear Crab that hitched a ride with some LR. I thought he was interesting and kept him around awhile. After purchasing some expensive coral, the dealer told me to get rid of the Bear because they can be destructive. I lured him out with a bit of shrimp on a string and was able to to lift him right on out. Thing wasn't going to let go of that shrimp. Sorry to see him go but between him and my coral, I'm not taking any chances. Anyone else ever deal with these critters?

Lot's of crabs aren't reef safe. Even emeralds occasionally go berserk and hermits can do a lot of damage crawling on top of polyps.

I removed some little crab I saw chilling in my zoos...corals > free crabs like you say. No experience with teddy bears though :p

Sarcothelia said:
Lot's of crabs aren't reef safe. Even emeralds occasionally go berserk and hermits can do a lot of damage crawling on top of polyps.

I removed some little crab I saw chilling in my zoos...corals > free crabs like you say. No experience with teddy bears though :p

I tend to agree with u. I'll try to keep my nano, crab free. I will probably kill enough on my own, without having the help of a crab

Back
Top Bottom