Teen aquarists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bud29- You'll love the least killies. I go some about a month or so ago and I love them. I have them with my RCS, and I already have 4-5 babies (the two females just started to drop them about a week or so ago). Not many, but with time! Good luck to you with them, you won't be disappointed!

Bud29- You'll love the least killies. I go some about a month or so ago and I love them. I have them with my RCS, and I already have 4-5 babies (the two females just started to drop them about a week or so ago). Not many, but with time! Good luck to you with them, you won't be disappointed!

Yeah - unlike other livebearers they only drop a few here and there over time, so birth is definitely a slower process...... :lol:

Yeah - unlike other livebearers they only drop a few here and there over time, so birth is definitely a slower process...... :lol:
Yup, that's what I like about them. I used to have endlers and I hated when they would drop 10-15 every month. It was crazy. Thankfully I was able to get rid of all of them before they took over my tank!

Oh, and bmarine:
I am breeding the least killies (well I guess that they are the ones that are breeding), my panda cories were showing some breeding behaviors and I am hopefully getting some nice angels to breed (I'm redoing my 55).

Random question: About how many mollies can fit in a 23 gallon tank? I plan on having a few different colored ones in the future

Random question: About how many mollies can fit in a 23 gallon tank? I plan on having a few different colored ones in the future

Yeah, only two but three if that would be it. I'd try looking into platies instead. The look similar and they stay smaller!

And if you had more than that then there would be MAJOR bio overload and you'd be changing 50% water about twice a week!

What are some of your other hobbies? I make bracelets (sell them on Etsy), bake (starting to sell them to my father's coworkers), garden, write and read. I'm just curious how much we all do!

Mollies get up to 5in not 3 or 4

I never seen a five inch molly, not trying to start any fights here ha but i disagree, im sure they can reach up there because of the different types of mollies but the silver or black molly dont pass 4 especially not 5, again im no expert just from what ive seen

I never seen a five inch molly, not trying to start any fights here ha but i disagree, im sure they can reach up there because of the different types of mollies but the silver or black molly dont pass 4 especially not 5, again im no expert just from what ive seen

The black molly is the common molly. I used to have 3 5" mollies. I would put 3 at most in a 23g tank. Not just because of size, but because of bioload. I see mollies that big all the time at my lfs. Im not going to argue with someone about this. There are two ppl trying to tell you they get bigger than you think.

How can you compare a 14inch fish to a 3inch and at most 4?, personally i think its fine

The point I was trying to convey was that just because you see a certain stock level doesn't mean it's good. You are correct that a 14" fish and a 4" one are not the same.

Mollies definitely exceed 3", most get 4ish. Some will get over that. They are definitely not small fish, most only recommend 2 with minimal tankmates in a 29g. They are definitely an unsuitable 10g choice.

The black molly is the common molly. I used to have 3 5" mollies. I would put 3 at most in a 23g tank. Not just because of size, but because of bioload. I see mollies that big all the time at my lfs. Im not going to argue with someone about this. There are two ppl trying to tell you they get bigger than you think.

Your the only one saying they get bigger than i think

The point I was trying to convey was that just because you see a certain stock level doesn't mean it's good. You are correct that a 14" fish and a 4" one are not the same.

Mollies definitely exceed 3", most get 4ish. Some will get over that. They are definitely not small fish, most only recommend 2 with minimal tankmates in a 29g. They are definitely an unsuitable 10g choice.

Right there!

Back
Top Bottom