Teen aquarists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Has anyone ever faked tank damage as an excuse for a Bigger and obviously Better tank lol? Just wondering
I put in my tank, speaking of, today and it is actually 33, not 20, gallons. Lol oops
Innit it just bootiful? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411862724.896303.jpg

Emerald76

I know I have. Well, I didn't actually fake it, but installed a pump incorrectly as to simulate a small leak. Worked wonders for permission.

Technically still moral as I payed for it myself. :)

Nice! My tank actually was leaking. From the top seam. Hehehe. And then I went with " well darling parents the thirty three gallon tank was the first I grabbed because I didn't want water everywhere!"

Emerald76

Lol I've had my share of excuses to get more tanks, sometimes they come back to bite you though. My sister said that you couldn't use a tank that a fish died in so my grandma would get her a bigger tank but then when we saw a great tank at Salvation Army we couldn't get it because the fish that were once in there probably died and "you can't have fish in a tank that some died in" :( That would have been such a great tank too :(

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm a jazz alto sax player. I want to switch to baritone eventually. I hate marching band and I'm trying to get out of it.

Anyway, today we were right about to buy a 98 eagle talon. We got it on the trailer and signed the bill of sales. Then he gives us the title and it says its a salvage (he told us it was clean). So I had to watch my new baby get unloaded.

Hey guys well I'm pretty excited because I just ordered my first fish online from Liveaquaria! I ordered a Crocodile Fish from them and can't wait for him to be in. I think he'll love my tank!
I also look forward to the challenge he'll bring, can't wait to see him.

Same, never heard of it, had to google search it. Shipping must of killed you.

Lol yes shipping was surely not ok but I got over it for such a cool fish. I've been eyeballing these guys for a while and been stalking Liveaquaria for sometime and when they finally got one in I pounced on the deal!
I'll definitely bombard you guys with photos once he gets in and is settled in the tank!

Yeah I gave it a g search. Looks like a gar or a pike/snook. Looks cool though I want one! What's your setup going to be for the fella

Yeah I gave it a g search. Looks like a gar or a pike/snook. Looks cool though I want one! What's your setup going to be for the fella

Yeah they're awesome fish can't wait to get asked, "omg what is that" every time someone comes over!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412092864.614955.jpg
Here's what he'll be in until this weekend (he'll be in the same tank but with different plants.) By Saturday I will be replacing a few of the smaller plants with very very tall and very wide plants for cover for the guy. He should love all the driftwood I gots and once I get those plants I think he'll love it.

Yeah they're awesome fish can't wait to get asked, "omg what is that" every time someone comes over!
View attachment 251379
Here's what he'll be in until this weekend (he'll be in the same tank but with different plants.) By Saturday I will be replacing a few of the smaller plants with very very tall and very wide plants for cover for the guy. He should love all the driftwood I gots and once I get those plants I think he'll love it.

Your tank looks awesome. It's really neat. What plants are you lookin at putting in there? I like it how it is. Look really natural.

Your tank looks awesome. It's really neat. What plants are you lookin at putting in there? I like it how it is. Look really natural.

Believe It or not the very tall green, grass like plant in the middle is from Michaels! Their plants are incredibly natural and realistic (which is exactly what I've been looking for in a fake plant.)
I'm going back this weekend (that's when I make more money lol the fish drained it) to get a few more plants, like one more tall grassy one like the one in the middle and a few tall and very very wide leafed plants with lots of shade and cover.
And thanks for the compliment man! I've worked a lot to get that one look I've loved and I think I've found it with this!

Believe It or not the very tall green, grass like plant in the middle is from Michaels! Their plants are incredibly natural and realistic (which is exactly what I've been looking for in a fake plant.)
I'm going back this weekend (that's when I make more money lol the fish drained it) to get a few more plants, like one more tall grassy one like the one in the middle and a few tall and very very wide leafed plants with lots of shade and cover.
And thanks for the compliment man! I've worked a lot to get that one look I've loved and I think I've found it with this!

I thought they were real

Fishobsessed7

Back
Top Bottom