Teen aquarists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And then soke of us older teens have college to start worrying about...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have job and career to think about yeah. Probably not going to be living at home in another year. May have to pack the tanks up for a little while till I can rebuild them

That's a little far out for me but considering I plan on getting some long living fish, I'm kinda worried because I get attached. Maybe I will make a care sheet for my mom to take care of them until I have an apartment or something to set up in.

What do you guys plan on doing with your fish while you go to college?

When i get ready to go to college, I will have to close up all my tanks.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I plan on doing community college for 2 years maybe more depending on my work schedule. After that I am probably going to take my tank down, don't think my parents would keep the weekly maintenance on it. If they could for me though I would leave it running

I plam on doing community college for 2 years maybe more depending on my work schedule. After that I am probably going to take my tank down, don't think my parents would keep the weekly maintenance on it. If they could for me though I would leave it running

I worry about the same thing. My job is ending soon in a few months and I'll be going off to a technical school for 2 years. I fear they just can't handle maintenance on a 45g and 75g aquarium... It would kill me o take them down though

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Mine is only a 29 gallon, but 10-15 gallon water changes every week, trimming plants, and adding ferts doesn't seem like something they would do all the time. Especially the buckets because those are annoying even for me!

Mine is only a 29 gallon, but 10-15 gallon water changes every week, trimming plants, and adding ferts doesn't seem like something they would do all the time. Especially the buckets because those are annoying even for me!

Oh I know the feeling... My 75 is lightly planted but growing fast. I've debated a calendar for every day use but I don't think they would keep up with it.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Hey now thats a good idea! Use a calendar that says everything on it. If I get a python water changer I think the upkeep wouldn't be as bad.

You could set up a drip system and work from there. They would probably be fine with just dosing and feeding and trimming now and again. Besides, it wouldn't kill the tank to have overgrowth.

Decided to check for you matt, September 30th.

Anyways, wondering what you guys would stock in a 55, 40 B, and 20 L.

Personally I am thinking 3-4 goldfish in the 55, 3 senegal bichir in the 40 B, and 6 cherry barbs plus a bunch of amano shrimp and cherry shrimp in the 20 L.

Decided to check for you matt, September 30th.

Anyways, wondering what you guys would stock in a 55, 40 B, and 20 L.

Personally I am thinking 3-4 goldfish in the 55, 3 senegal bichir in the 40 B, and 6 cherry barbs plus a bunch of amano shrimp and cherry shrimp in the 20 L.

Anything interesting? Haha

Don't have enough experience with what to do for a 55, 40B. Maybe a nice planted South American biotope Angels, cory cats, rummynoses, hatchets? For the 40B

For the twenty id go heavily planted, shrimp colony, scarlet badis, threadfins, Cories, pacific blue eyes, CPDs.

Since when was it a nazi prison camp?

Its been a while since my friends and i made this thread. It was bad cuz we would get off track sometimes, the admins would flip. Although it sometimes ran off track we mostly talked about fish and the hobby. This forum used to be waaayyy better when hukit, cbourg, and the others were still here. Anyway, it was like a prison camp when we strayed off a littttttle bit and got infraction points and almost banned just cuz we strayed a bit. Eventually we all moved to kik.

When I go off to college I want to get an enormous goldfish tank. Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I honestly know I won't be able to keep anything more then 10gallons. Id only stock it with shrimp and a betta or something simple like that. I wouldn't be able to maintain anything else.

I honestly know I won't be able to keep anything more then 10gallons. Id only stock it with shrimp and a betta or something simple like that. I wouldn't be able to maintain anything else.

Agree with this. When I was in college I hardly had money to eat at McDonald's better yet maintain an aquarium.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Back
Top Bottom