Teen aquarists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Agree with this. When I was in college I hardly had money to eat at McDonald's better yet maintain an aquarium.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I'm not even planning on college. I'm training to be a ballet dancer...most likely moving overseas in the next year or so and I don't know when I'll be back....or even how many years I may spend overseas.

Its been a while since my friends and i made this thread. It was bad cuz we would get off track sometimes, the admins would flip. Although it sometimes ran off track we mostly talked about fish and the hobby. This forum used to be waaayyy better when hukit, cbourg, and the others were still here. Anyway, it was like a prison camp when we strayed off a littttttle bit and got infraction points and almost banned just cuz we strayed a bit. Eventually we all moved to kik.

Ahh I see. Where did your friends go? haha

It makes my head hurt just thinking about the cost. Probably $1500-$2000 for lights, filter, and tank. Tank is ~$800, 2 Fluval 406's ~$400, and BML light is ~$500...then a pressurized co2. Yea dream tank won't be happening any time soon lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Probably a dream tank of mine...those are just rough figure numbers too. Need more funds lol

Always a thought, would just be worried about damage. The tank I'm looking at is Deep Sea Aquatics Model 130.

I told my parents to send me care packages with fish supplies when I go to collage lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm 13 and from Virginia, I've got 3 tanks in my room one 29g with a pair of angels that just spawned yesterday a 10g with a betta and another 10g with 1 surviving guppy and 5 Apple snails that I'm trying to breed.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Just now realized I spelled college wrong hahaha.

Hey everyone! 15.
Have 5 tanks in my room (2 sw) and a show sw in living room and a betta tank in kitchen

That's a lot. I never would have had the funds at 15. I'm 19 and still only have 3 tanks.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

15 and five tanks!!!! Jealous

Show us pics! Show us pics!

Lol I actually take care of 7
- 44 fresh water
- 2x 10 gallon fresh water
- 3.7 fresh water
- 30 saltwater show
- 20 coral qt/ frag tank
- 5.5 frag

That's a lot. I never would have had the funds at 15. I'm 19 and still only have 3 tanks.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Nice. I have saved up for everything. I had a summer job when I was 14 to make store credit at my lfs

I think I want to try getting a job at my lfs this summer.

A tip for other teens is to take a class that will open up part time job ops, for example the bike tech class opens the door for an internship then part time job at the lbs

Currently I umpire part time, and make $30 a game, which equates to about 6,000 a year. Most of which goes towards a car fund, colleague, and stock market.

The only reason I haven't looked into other jobs is because of how flexible my current one is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 19 freshman in college have a job, an apartment, 2 tanks- 29g and 2.5g, and a 18x18x24vivarium. It's a TON to keep up with but I do it! Happily!!

I love my fish!!!

I work as a carpenters apprentice, can't complain with $11 an hour. 40 hour week gets me ~$330 a week. Have to set most aside for the winter, but the money that isn't set aside gets spent on my truck...2001 gas guzzler lol

Back
Top Bottom