Tell me about Rainbow fish experiences

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clynnking

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have been doing some research on these beautiful fish. I have a 38 gallon cycling now and am working on what to stock it with. I was thinking 6 or so. Any advice?

Clynnking said:
I have been doing some research on these beautiful fish. I have a 38 gallon cycling now and am working on what to stock it with. I was thinking 6 or so. Any advice?

I think some of the smaller rainbows, like threadfins or dwarf neons, would work great in that tank. Other rainbows get big and need lots of space to stretch, 55 gallons worth.

I used to keep a boesemani and Australian in a five gallon before I knew how big and how much room they got. Right now theyre being housed in another 30 gallon tank temporarily until I can find a better place for them.

Great fish, but a very large and diverse group. BB has it exactly right about activity level. For that footprint, the smaller bows and psuedomugils would be great in a group of 6-12 depending on species. They thrive in clean slightly alkaline water generally. The pseudos seem to do great at lower TDS though. JMO

Back
Top Bottom