Temp climbing to 32c

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Turboanth

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi firstly I’m new on here from the uk,

I have had several tanks in the past and have come across an issue I have never had before and that’s my water temp sitting at 32c and it’s strange weather has been bad snow storms etc the house is just average, I turned the heaters down just be sure it’s not that yet the water is still hoping at 32 unless I open the lid witch I prefer not to do as I have an eel that likes to jump, all of my fish seem happy swimming eating etc, not sure what to do
The fish I currently have are
4 clown loaches
2 rainbow sharks
2 silver sharks
4 gruami
5 angel fish
A catfish
2 red sail fin plecs
And reef eel I believe it’s called
As I say they all seem happy ?
Any advice be appreciated

Just an obvious question - have you checked your thermometer against several different sources to make sure it hasn't developed a glitch? Several posters in my various fish groups as well as myself have had thermometer issues lately.

I have 2 in tank one of the sticky on tank and the glass one they both reading same temperature that was definitely a thought of mine though and used different heaters incase They was broken and was always on

I mean it has to be the heater or the lights. That’s the only source if heat in an aquarium right?

Are they adjustable heaters?

When I want to test a heater I pull it out of the tank and put it in a one gallon bucket for a couple hours and see what the temp gets to. Tells you if it’s always on or miscalibrated. I’ve had multiple heaters that are off a few degrees so I just adjust the setting a few degrees higher or lower than I need it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom