Temperature

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
its more like 72-78 is idle temps, but 78-80 isn't a bad place to have it set, and in my opinion i wouldn't go below 74 or above 78, your tank will have noticibly more evaporation atleast in a smaller tank you will, i know i did

Mine was on 24 which I think is 76 so have turned my heaters up a notch and I hope to c a little difference in my tank as I have got white spot c

You need a quarantine to treat ick, raising temp will just increase reproduction speed.......... sorry.

From what I understand, raising temperature does not help marine ich the way it does with freshwater ich. You need to QT the sick fish. If that's not an option, I hear some folks have had success with hyposalinity.

From what I understand, raising temperature does not help marine ich the way it does with freshwater ich. You need to QT the sick fish. If that's not an option, I hear some folks have had success with hyposalinity.

I had an ich outbreak in my 55g FW and I used the hyposalinity treatment and everyone was cured in about 2-3 days. Use API "Aquarium Salt", not reef/marine salt... it's like $7 at Petsmart.

I am under the understanding that warmer temps 79-80 are better for coral growth.

Back
Top Bottom