Temps for tropic fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dtholden

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My tropic tank has ich. One Blue Gourami and 3 swordtails. The temp is at 80 right now and they have been fine but I've read that ich can't survive in 86 degree temps. If the temp was gradually raised over a period of 5 days, would the fish be able to tolerate that temperature for a few days? It just shocked me to see some people having their tanks that hot.

As always thanks for the help!

The tank is also being treated with coppersafe, regular water changes, controlled feeding. I've read about salt and every other process on the known planet and every single process has a 50/50 following. It came down to me just making a decision. So to clarify my question is less about how to treat ich and solely just in regards to the fish surviving a gradual increase of temp maxing at 86 degrees. Thank you :)

Yeah, those fish will have no problem surviving 86 degree for awhile.
If you do go with the the raised heat, you need to keep the heat up for at least a week after the last visible sign of ich is gone. Those species of fish won't have an issue with that.

Back
Top Bottom