Ten gallon restocking...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good that they are so small otherwise I'd be an emotional mess
I'd rather not have floaters coursair because I'm heavily planting most of my tank with a big piece of driftwood in the middle and I'm worried the plants wouldn't get enough light
Anyway there are many nooks, caves and holes in the dw so there is plenty of spots to hide
The shrimp will hopefully love the dw
I'll add them first( the tank will have been cycled fir a long while) to get established
Can I also add a zebra nerite?
Or could I remove one Cory and two coda and add two otos?

uummm have you seen my tank ??? I just thin out floaters once a week. My plants grow just fine. I have to trim them weekly as well.
Feeding time 10g Shrimp Jungle - YouTube

A few floating plants will help reassure your shy fish. CPDs can by VERY shy if they don't feel secure. My friend never sees hers. Try without them, but keep it in mind.

One more question-
Instead of the community list, could I do-
3- Indian Dwarf Puffer
2- Bumblebee Goby
3- Oto

My LFs sells small pest snails and ghost shrimp so the puffers have food
I know the Otos need algae which I have a ton of
But what do the gobies eat?

The gobies are brackish fish, so that won't work. I think if you want to do the puffers it needs to be just them. Oto's are quite sensitive and will do best if you stock no more than 1 per 5 gals. I think nerite snails and/or shrimp are better algae eaters for a 10 gal.

siva said:
The gobies are brackish fish, so that won't work. I think if you want to do the puffers it needs to be just them. Oto's are quite sensitive and will do best if you stock no more than 1 per 5 gals. I think nerite snails and/or shrimp are better algae eaters for a 10 gal.

Another person on here has Indian dwarfs and bumblebees together
I'll skip Otos if I go the puffer route then

There is a species of BB goby that is fw, but it's very hard to find. The ones you usually see in pet stores are the bw kind.

My LFS orders in fish and has a huge variety of fish- they have around 15000 gallons in tanks
Im sure I'll find some
I can't decide to go with puffers or a community
Maybe I'll grab ONE more tank at the petco sale and make that a 10 gallon puffer and the other the community stocklist I did earlier

I was thinking 2 puffers, not 4. In theory 4 could work, but I would not add the bbg in there too. In general, the puffers do ok with bbg, but it is still a bit risky, just so you know. Even with a pair of puffers in a 10g tank, make sure sure that the tank is well planted and you break up the line of sight to avoid issues.
Again, make super sure that you are getting the right species of bbg so you don't compromise its lifespan by keeping it freshwater. Not all lfs's know the difference. ;)

absolutangel04 said:
I was thinking 2 puffers, not 4. In theory 4 could work, but I would not add the bbg in there too. In general, the puffers do ok with bbg, but it is still a bit risky, just so you know. Even with a pair of puffers in a 10g tank, make sure sure that the tank is well planted and you break up the line of sight to avoid issues.
Again, make super sure that you are getting the right species of bbg so you don't compromise its lifespan by keeping it freshwater. Not all lfs's know the difference. ;)

I'll do just 4 puffers than
I'll make sure to have a divider handy
I also have a nice piece of dw for them to hide in and lots of plants to divide the tank into little territories- densely planted edges with open centers
Design in a moment

I am not sure if 4 is a good idea at all. I have no experience with that many in a tank that size. I tend to think 2 would be better, but you should ask somebody with more experience than me just to double check. ;)

I'll make sure to have a backup plan like a small tank just in case
Plus I always have the AA classifieds

Back
Top Bottom