Thai Micro Crab Care.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PhantomBold

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Before I get into my question, let me give you some background. I have a 5.5 gallon planted tank for the crabs with hanging plants, hiding places, all peaceful tank mates (horned nerites, 1 scarlet badis, 1 asian stone catfish, cherry shrimp, amano shrimp, various micro organisms like seed shrimp, cyclops, worms etc) which repopulate themselves readily and feed my scarlet badis/ asian stone catfish. I also have crustacean food both crab and shrimp hikari, (In a different tank I have dwarf crayfish too) fresh vegetables, algae wafers, And a sponge filter. the tank is very well established with a good little ecosystem and food chain going, as well as perfect water parameters (no copper besides tiny doses of flourish) 0 ammonia, nitrite, nitrate. Gh 5 Kh 3-4ish TDS 130-140 (changes) Temp 71-73 F. Now on to my question. I’m planning to add some Thai micro crabs and the water parameters seem good for them except for this. My ph sits at around 7.3 no matter what (i’ve had problems in the past with ph going to the mid 8.5s and it killed my badis/catfish before so i’m glad it stays put) I’m concerned to add the crabs because some sights say the ideal ph for them is 6.2-7.2 while others say 7.2-8 and I don’t know what to believe because those are very different. I guess 7.3 is fine but I want to be sure because like I said, I’ve had problems with ph before and I know to take it more seriously now and wouldn’t want to experiment because the crabs aren’t cheap.

I keep a few of these guys but they do not seem to have long lives for me I keep shrimp of all kinds pretty well. I have a lower pH of 6.4-7.2 depending upon our water company source - a snow melt lake, when they run out of that water they go to the rock reservoir.
-
Down to one right now. I think TDS could be important too.

This is from the person I would trust to provide accurate information, who actually would know, imo.
Limnopilos naiyanetri "thai micro crab/spider crab" - Invertebrates by Msjinkzd

Last edited:
I keep a few of these guys but they do not seem to have long lives for me I keep shrimp of all kinds pretty well. I have a lower pH of 6.4-7.2 depending upon our water company source - a snow melt lake, when they run out of that water they go to the rock reservoir.
-
Down to one right now. I think TDS could be important too.

This is from the person I would trust to provide accurate information, who actually would know, imo.
Limnopilos naiyanetri "thai micro crab/spider crab" - Invertebrates by Msjinkzd

Thank you for your response! Checking it out right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom