Thanks everybody for the recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SteveZim1017

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just wanted to thank everybody for recommending the API master test kit. it seems a little pricey buy its definitly awsome and better then the strips i used as a kid.

plus I feel like a chemist when using them. my wife looks at me like I'm some sort of super scientist when I busted out the vials and measurements and stuff.

Just a hint...Don't get the booklet that tells you what to do wet....all my pages are now stuck together...so i have to guess how to do each test!

maybe its only the newer ones like the one I got, but each of the bottles have a picture of a little water drop with a number inside of it that tells you how many to use.

maybe its only the newer ones like the one I got, but each of the bottles have a picture of a little water drop with a number inside of it that tells you how many to use.

Yup mine has that...but in the booklet some recommend shaking between bottles(the Nitrates #2 bottle needs to be shaken to **** each time you use it), some not, some say wait 5 minutes, some don't...in general i'm pretty sure i'm safe with a little shake and waiting 5 minutes for every test...but who knows? :confused:

plus I feel like a chemist when using them. my wife looks at me like I'm some sort of super scientist when I busted out the vials and measurements and stuff.

We'll have to get you a lab coat and some nerdy glasses.... she'll be all over you..... :brows:

Back
Top Bottom