Thanks for having me.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mctypething

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello,

I stumbled across this site and it seems to have a lot of good info. I'm sort-of a newbie. I had a 20 gal freshwater tank years ago, but didn't really know what I was doing and dropped the hobby. Well, I just purchased a 55 gal tank and can't wait to get back into it. My stand is being built this week so I have some time to do some background info on supplies.

The tank I bought came with a 'hang in the back' filter, but I'm not sure whether I need to get an additional filter, so I plan on scouring this site for some answers! I also want to get some ideas on live plants and driftwood. Thanks for having me!

Welcome to AA! :) Check out the articles section and feel free to post any questions that we can help with!

Welcome to AA! As far as the filter, it depends on what you have. If you got it as a kit with the tank it is probably bordering on inadequate. You can never have too much filtration in my opinion. Also if you are getting bigger (dirty) fish more filtration is obviously better.

welcome aboard. Well first off the HOB filters are rated for the movement of water and also for what size tank it will be used in.

As said above you can never have too much filtration. The bigger the fish and the more fish you have the more filtration.

I am getting hooked on sponge filters as a secondary filter. They are ugly but they are cheap and seem to do the trick for biological/mechanical filtration.

Back
Top Bottom