The (almost) Complete Guide and FAQ to Fishless Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Then I probably shouldn't see them. Lol.

Oops, we might get in trouble for being off topic. I've been trying really hard, so let's get back on topic.

Maybe we could use this guide to make fishless the new normal.

eco23 said:
I think we'd have to overthrow the major chain stores and hire ourselves as employees.

Chainstore domination. Sounds fun. Haha.

This thread may not make it the norm, but it should encourage it more. Someday it'll be the norm.

+1
Very nice job eco, I'm impressed. Must have taken some time to put that together. Saved the page on my computer.

Shadowraven said:
+1
Very nice job eco, I'm impressed. Must have taken some time to put that together. Saved the page on my computer.

Believe it or not...took about 4 hrs. I should probably pretend like it took me weeks, lol. Thanks for the compliment!

I made a few small edits to fix spacing problems and a couple other issues I saw. I also wanted to make sure people knew I could count past 12, haha. Please forgive the punctuation... it's never been my strong point.

I want to say thank you as well. I started reading and following the Fishless Cycling for Dummies post and ran into a few "issues". Then Eco pointed me to his new thread and he answered every one that I had in it :)

I started a 75g fishless cycle Friday evening. This is my first tank! 4 days later, my ammonia dropped from 4.0 to 2.0. So, I thought I would check the nitrites. I figured it was a few days early and wouldn't see much if anything... to my surprise my nitrites were at 5.0+! So then I check the nitrates and they are sitting at 20.

I used a sponge from my LFS plant tank to help seed and I also bought 3 potted plants and let the potting material in the tank as well.

I never thought I would see these kind of results after only 4 days! But it seems my tank is cycling well and in high gear :)

My one regret, is not taking readings for nitrites and nitrates initally... so I had no baseline to work with. I will be taking them daily from this point on though.

So, I was worried something may have been "wrong". I still find it hard to believe that a 75g tank would push through a cycle so quick... and that's when Eco pointed me to his new thread, which answered all the questions I had. Not to mention, after only a few minutes of my post :)

Thank you Eco, I would have been up all night worrying about my tank until I found the answers! You saved me a few sleepless hours :)

And if all continues at this rate, I'll be able to add fish in a lot sooner than expected... which is good, because another 4 weeks of waiting (which I know could still happen) would have driven me nuts :) And my 2 year old daughter, which is the one I have to thank for my new hobby, will have less days to ask when we can put fish in and more days enjoying the fish :)

I've learned a lot here and thank everyone for their advice/input. If there's one thing I can recommend to others in return, is that seeding material can make a world of difference and mean the difference in watching the water swirl around for a couple of weeks or watching fish swim around a lot earlier :)

Mog

100% nailed my friend

Once again mate you prove your worth to everyone on this site and to me yet again how dam good you are , nailed it mate i must say you have been a big help to me with my fishless cycle as you know i have read alot about this subject but to be honest this has to be the best i have come across to date i tip my hat to you sir. Very well write and explained
And now with your advice my tank seems to be moving again after my stall so people should read and learn from this thread
5* my friend

cichlidpaul said:
Once again mate you prove your worth to everyone on this site and to me yet again how dam good you are , nailed it mate i must say you have been a big help to me with my fishless cycle as you know i have read alot about this subject but to be honest this has to be the best i have come across to date i tip my hat to you sir. Very well write and explained
And now with your advice my tank seems to be moving again after my stall so people should read and learn from this thread
5* my friend

Thanks Paul, glad we could get things up and moving again for you, cheers! (as you would say)

cichlidpaul said:
Cheers is what we will say someday as we chunk our glasses together mate as we sink a nice cold pint together lol

Just don't send me any more pictures of your vacation to Wales and we've got a deal, hahahahaha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom