The Basics !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fry Baby

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi and sorry if I’m in the wrong forum section!

I’ve purchased a used EA 1500s reef pro that has come with pipework. I don’t know much about it’s history other than that it’s a year old and was previously used for marine. I’ll be going a freshwater route.

Is there any company or individual in the Yorkshire area that would come out and check it all over - seals, stability, get the tank on square, get the unit level on the floor, and help with the set up and explaining how it all works etc?
I’ve been ready about users not trusting their EA units, tanks supposed to be put onto foam, tiniest wobbles causing seal splitting and all sorts. I’m getting nervous!

I’d also be looking for fortnightly / monthly safety checks on electrics and general tank / unit / equipment safety.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

A quick Google search of "aquarium maintenance service Yorkshire" threw up a few results for people you could call. There are people who do this sort thing. You might need an electrician to do PAT tests on electrical equipment if that's what you want.

That made sense! �� Feel a bit foolish now! Panicked and jumped on here as I feel really safe in everyone’s knowledge and opinions! Google. Yes. Of course. Thankyou!

Im not sure you will find too many yorkshire folk on here. Im derbyshire and i think another regular poster is Lancashire.

I’ll bug you two for local sources and knowledge then ! :D

But big Hi to everyone else! I’m gonna need all the help I can get to be fair ! I have no idea what you’re all talking about - and I was really proud of my research so far! I have a lot to learn!
First stop - the two contacts I’ve noted from the Google search you suggested and get my tank checked over, stabilised and set up ! Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom