The dreaded white spot/velvet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr_Floyd1976

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Had this problem several weeks ago.. So took all of my fish out of the main tank and put them in quarantine.

After abotu a month in the quarantine tank, they all looked fine and there were no spots or dusty marks remaining. I had been treating them with copper.

Put them back into the main tank on Monday and today, Wednesday the powder blue is covered in dusty white again!!!!

I have managed to catch him and put him into the other tank, but he is looking really bad, laying on the bottom and hardly moving. I really think that he wont survive the night.

So, what has happened?? Is the white spot or whatever I have still in the tank? Or do you think it is a problem with the powder blue. The other fish look ok, but they did before anyway.

I really dont want to have to remove all of my live rock etc again just to catch the remaining fish...

Any ideas greatly accepted.

Many thanks

Mark

The original treatment was most likely successful (?) but you did not fallow the display tank long enough. I am assuming you are refering to Cryptocaryon irritans? The tank would need to be fallowed for a minimum of 6 but preferabley 8 weeks.

If you leave the fish in the main, they will most likely become re infested in time as would any new fish added.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom