The Evolution of My Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Go check out theshrimpfarm.com they have some cool species the black king kong are my fav too bad they cost $100 PER shrimp!

yeah, I went to the august one. I think they said they wont have one til october. love it. hbu??

Athaocity said:
yeah, I went to the august one. I think they said they wont have one til october. love it. hbu??

I went to this one too! Speaker about the livebearers? The auction is next month, that's why the next meeting isn't until October.

Since its like 2.5 hours away, I'm not sure if I'll go until they have something that reeeeally interests me.

If I had to find Shrimp, I would really want Cardinal or Harlequin Shrimp :)

ooo I was the asian kid up in the front if you saw. also saw a bag a panda cories but I had no tanks to get and put them in. hope I can make it to the next one.

Athaocity said:
ooo I was the asian kid up in the front if you saw. also saw a bag a panda cories but I had no tanks to get and put them in. hope I can make it to the next one.

Go to the Auction on Sept 16th! They'll have soooo much stuff

Crazy thing just happened.

If you google image search "Beckford Pencilfish" pictures of my tanks show up!

It's like I'm famous or something :p

Also, I'll get some pics up later this weekend. I'm gonna do some aquascaping in the 10s and the 29. Got a new bulb for the 29. Also had a plant die off in the 29. Lots happening.

Borderlesscott said:
Love those tanks! ever consider doing a black substrate - it really makes the greens pop.

Thanks!

I have considered it, but I like the look of a brownish substrate because it looks more natural to me. I try to go darker brown when I can :)

Hello all, rescaped my tanks.

29g. Had to completely rescape. Decided on the a-symmetrical approach. Allow the Apistos (when I get them) to hide in the right side while the left side is open. Bear in mind I will have some taller Crypta (Crispatula and Spiralinas) coming in the coming weeks to fill in the left back.

image-3094416953.jpg

Next, I made minor changes to the SE Asian tank, other than adding 9 CPDs. (which I am overstocked for sure) and a Crypt Wendtii Florida Sunrise, all I did was edit the background plants.

image-4247571873.jpg

Lastly, moved some SA tank stuff. Transferred my Bolbitis to this tank. Allowed my Star Grass to overrun the right side and I swear I saw some Pencilfish Fry. Also let the DW take a different shape, kinda over hangs which I like :)

image-2782216590.jpg

Predfan27 said:
Hello all, rescaped my tanks.

29g. Had to completely rescape. Decided on the a-symmetrical approach. Allow the Apistos (when I get them) to hide in the right side while the left side is open. Bear in mind I will have some taller Crypta (Crispatula and Spiralinas) coming in the coming weeks to fill in the left back.

Next, I made minor changes to the SE Asian tank, other than adding 9 CPDs. (which I am overstocked for sure) and a Crypt Wendtii Florida Sunrise, all I did was edit the background plants.

Lastly, moved some SA tank stuff. Transferred my Bolbitis to this tank. Allowed my Star Grass to overrun the right side and I swear I saw some Pencilfish Fry. Also let the DW take a different shape, kinda over hangs which I like :)

Looks good!!! Congrats on the pencilfish fry.. :)

I would start a small breeding rank myself. Or maybe 2 green spotted puffers

fishfool58 said:
Looks good!!! Congrats on the pencilfish fry.. :)

Thanks!

Unfortunately I don't think they will survive with 5 hungry adult Pencils in there. I have enough plants that's maybe, but unlikely.

Predfan27 said:
Thanks!

Unfortunately I don't think they will survive with 5 hungry adult Pencils in there. I have enough plants that's maybe, but unlikely.

Maybe feed em a little more so they aren't so hungry? :p

fishfool58 said:
Maybe feed em a little more so they aren't so hungry? :p

Haha oh man I go through NLS like its candy with my fish! Colors em up but they never seem to get enough! Hopefully the little fry can find some cover in my Star Grass jungle going on on the right side of my tank :) hopefully.

Predfan27 said:
Haha oh man I go through NLS like its candy with my fish! Colors em up but they never seem to get enough! Hopefully the little fry can find some cover in my Star Grass jungle going on on the right side of my tank :) hopefully.

I hope so too do you feed any frozen foods?

fishfool58 said:
I hope so too do you feed any frozen foods?

Nope. Just NLS. I'm my opinion I have really seen the colors pop of my fish under NLS. But then again, I expected it since its a more expensive food so maybe it became a self fulfilling prophecy.

chrisgaucher said:
I would start a small breeding rank myself. Or maybe 2 green spotted puffers

I would start a tank for breeding, but knowing myself it would just become a standard tank haha. I have giant aspirations for some small tanks that include 1) a Dwarf Puffer tank 2) a Shell Dwelling Cichlid tank 3) various Shrimp tanks.

Speaking of which, my LFS has decided they might go into business with me on my RCS. We will see if there is a market for them here in Augusta.

Predfan27 said:
I would start a tank for breeding, but knowing myself it would just become a standard tank haha. I have giant aspirations for some small tanks that include 1) a Dwarf Puffer tank 2) a Shell Dwelling Cichlid tank 3) various Shrimp tanks.

Speaking of which, my LFS has decided they might go into business with me on my RCS. We will see if there is a market for them here in Augusta.

I love cichlids: & I think puffers are cool looking fish.. Good luck with the RCS.. I'm having a hard time finding them here(NC)

Sorry all! Haven't updated in a long time but after a little trip to a fish auction in Atlanta, I finished the stocking of my tanks!

In my 5.5g Cherry Shrimp tank, I added 2 Least Killifish. I'll be finding new homes for them soon but I figured since the Shrimp are as big as they are, they don't pose a problem!! Love these little guys.

And for the main event! Got 2 Apistogramma Gibbiceps.

Female:

image-3812393690.jpg

Male:

image-47742323.jpg

The 29g with the Crypt Crispatula grown in:

image-617318637.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Back
Top Bottom