The filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So if I have too much lighting like I listed. What would be the right light for the tank?? I want to solve this problem ASAP. I don't like to clean the glass frequently. I just love watching the fish in action.

As I \mentioned in a prvious thread
Algae needs Nitrogen, phosphate, potassium, and light to survive. So keep things in check and you can get rid of the algae problem. Never use a chemical to treat algae problem unless its your last reort. Also remeber algaecides are harmful to invertabrates, scaleless fish and plants. I used "jungle" algae be gone one time to get rid of 100% overgrown algea on my cave rocks. 2 weeks later and 2 water changes it was all gone. But it killed 90% of my Java moss which was attached to a peice of driftwood. I keept the dose below the recomendation it worked but I feel bad cause it probally was stressing out the fish with the chemical also. I then made sure not to overfeed my fish and I have not had an algae probelm since and that was many, many , many months ago.

Back
Top Bottom