The Frugal Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

venymae

Aquarium Advice Addict
Setting up this thread to document different ways and tips to do aquariums on a minimal budget. I will probably edit this a lot!

1. Buy used when you can. Craigslist is great for finding tanks and other hardware at a fraction of the cost.
  2. Find a good fish community (forums, clubs, etc.) and meet people you can trade with
  3. Do your research to find cost effective alternatives, the internet is a wonderful place!

Here is an interesting link on how to do a budget planted tank.
Aquarium Plants on a Student Budget

Budget Water Keeping Hobby

Setting up this thread to document different ways and tips to do aquariums on a minimal budget. I will probably edit this a lot!

1. Buy used when you can. Craigslist is great for finding tanks and other hardware at a fraction of the cost.
  2. Find a good fish community (forums, clubs, etc.) and meet people you can trade with
  3. Do your research to find cost effective alternatives, the internet is a wonderful place!

Here is an interesting link on how to do a budget planted tank.
Aquarium Plants on a Student Budget

Hello veny...

I'm likely the "poster child" for this sort of thing. I have several, larger tanks, but lack the funds to really get into this whole water keeping hobby. Used tanks never really worked for me. I waited until PetCo had their gallon sales. I use small filters and do large, weekly water changes instead. Lighting is easy, just a $20.00 shop light set up.

B

Tanks can be purchased at Petco with their $1 a gallon sale but used could be the better deal if in good condition. I agree, Craigslist can be your best friend when buying used equipment, I have canister filters brought used at a fraction of the cost new.

Back
Top Bottom