The loach's 29 gallon tank journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, so I just open it and take out the carbon, how do I do this, wont I rip the filter?

I would take a pair of scissors or a knife and make a SMALL incision at the top corner of the cartridge and dump out the carbon. You may not get all of it out but should get most of it out.

I would take a pair of scissors or a knife and make a SMALL incision at the top corner of the cartridge and dump out the carbon. You may not get all of it out but should get most of it out.

Ok I'll do that thanks

loachboy, in your video you said that you're still going to get dwarf hairgrass. i would scratch that idea and instead do crypts. they are root feeders and since you're going to get FlorMax it's a good substrate for the crypts. i find dwarf hairgrass really need constant co2 and medium to high light plus rich substrate in order to grow the carpet you're looking for.

I noticed that as well.

You talked about a light in your video, but what kind is it? just curious

loachboy, in your video you said that you're still going to get dwarf hairgrass. i would scratch that idea and instead do crypts. they are root feeders and since you're going to get FlorMax it's a good substrate for the crypts. i find dwarf hairgrass really need constant co2 and medium to high light plus rich substrate in order to grow the carpet you're looking for.

Ok I'll check out if they have crypts at pet smart what are the other names for it and what is the whole name?

wow!!! loachboy, your mom approves everything you buy for your fish tank?

Well I'm the one that works to maintain the tank in my room the 55 in the living room and my little brothers 2.5 gallon tank so they don't pay for anything so I think my mom likes it that way lol

Good start your tank looks very plain u should do some more scaping before anything else in my option !

Good start your tank looks very plain u should do some more scaping before anything else in my option !

I agree it kind of does I'm thinking of maybe moving the plants up and putting some rocks in the back what do you think?

Have you seen at petsmart that under the decorations there are baskets with big rocks I'm talking about those or maybe those rocks you stack that are found in the reptile section

I agree it kind of does I'm thinking of maybe moving the plants up and putting some rocks in the back what do you think?

your amazn swords are background plants and the java ferns are more of midground. i would first get the substrate you said you were getting and replant those plants accordingly. the amazon swords definitely will grow like wildfire if you do it. for foreground, add some crypts and chain sword.

Have you seen at petsmart that under the decorations there are baskets with big rocks I'm talking about those or maybe those rocks you stack that are found in the reptile section

or you can use rocks around your neighborhood. i find those rocks in Petsmart or any pet store a rip off. go to a nearby forest/river/park or wherever you can find rocks.

Back
Top Bottom