The loach's 29 gallon tank journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no it's NOT normal. regardless of their size, they should be bottom dwellers. I would keep an eye on that one because it's highly suspicious that it's sick

Ok, I'll keep a close eye on him, he does come to the bottom, but heis spending some time at the top

Nice selection on the peppered cories. I love mine, I have three and an emerald who is usually on her own. I will be switching to a black sand substrate for these cories in fact...and Boots doing her own lazy version of lay down yoga

Attachments

• image-1012493543.jpg
    image-1012493543.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 65
  • image-343653891.jpg
    image-343653891.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 59
  • image-2652839950.jpg
    image-2652839950.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 63
  • image-2772903081.jpg
    image-2772903081.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 64
  • image-815160597.jpg
    image-815160597.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 75
I am satisfied with the Cory's, I really like them, I have had emerald before, but I think the peppered are better looking
Hah, lol, yoga

Ok, so today I saw that my petsmart was selling cockatoo cichlids!, I was going to add a pier of Bolivian rams, can I add a male cockatoo and a female Bolivian ram?

This is my stocking plan so far
5 red eye tetra
5 neon tetra
1 balloon belly Molly
3 otocinclus
3 peppered Cory's
4 black kuhli loaches
1 Bolivian ram
1 cockatoo apisto
I currently have:
Red eye tetras
Balloon Molly
Peppered Cory's
Kuhli loaches
Still need:
Neon tetras
Ram
Apisto
Otocinclus
My current plants are:
3 amazon swords
1 thin leaf java fern
1 Anubias nana
1 ? Plant
Still need:
Marimo moss balls
Dwarf hair grass all over the floor
I'm switching my led lamp for a better lamp
I'm also going to supplement the tank with liquid co2 and root tabs, I'm probably also going to buy anacharis plants to just float at tho top, probably along with some duck weed

This is my stocking plan so far
5 red eye tetra
5 neon tetra
1 balloon belly Molly
3 otocinclus
3 peppered Cory's
4 black kuhli loaches
1 Bolivian ram
1 cockatoo apisto
I currently have:
Red eye tetras
Balloon Molly
Peppered Cory's
Kuhli loaches
Still need:
Neon tetras
Ram
Apisto
Otocinclus
My current plants are:
3 amazon swords
1 thin leaf java fern
1 Anubias nana
1 ? Plant
Still need:
Marimo moss balls
Dwarf hair grass all over the floor
I'm switching my led lamp for a better lamp
I'm also going to supplement the tank with liquid co2 and root tabs, I'm probably also going to buy anacharis plants to just float at tho top, probably along with some duck weed

Really can't help you with your stock (I'm kind of mono-culturish when it comes to fish) but for the plants, the anacharis will most likely melt with the addition of liquid organic carbon. Also, if you are planning to grow a carpet, you may not want to grow anything up top unless you have a decent light source.

Ok, so today I saw that my petsmart was selling cockatoo cichlids!, I was going to add a pier of Bolivian rams, can I add a male cockatoo and a female Bolivian ram?

As far as I know the two should be fine alone-they arent schooling fish. And as far as you finding the apistos at petsmart of all places. Im shocked!!! I have at least 6 lfs petstores(not chain stores either) that cant get these guys in!! Im jealous lol. How much were they selling for if you dont mind me asking?

loachboy, you're jumping ahead again. are you complete with aquascaping and other thing? like getting a light?

Maybe I'll have him buy some for me and ship them ;) that should satisfy the fish buying "itch"

As far as I know the two should be fine alone-they arent schooling fish. And as far as you finding the apistos at petsmart of all places. Im shocked!!! I have at least 6 lfs petstores(not chain stores either) that cant get these guys in!! Im jealous lol. How much were they selling for if you dont mind me asking?

I was pretty shocked too, although of course, they were not anymore left, but there are more to come
They are all males and they are $13 bucks

Yea, I got the light, just need to put it on
Done with all decor and plants
Just need the carpet floor

Maybe I'll have him buy some for me and ship them ;) that should satisfy the fish buying "itch"

Hah, lol, it's not about buying them, it's because I'm that kind of person that when I start something, I don't quit until it is done right, and fast :)

I was pretty shocked too, although of course, they were not anymore left, but there are more to come
They are all males and they are $13 bucks

Hmm sounds "fishy",how can they be sure on all males? & they're usually more money(if I find some here theyll be between 25-40$ of course everywhere is different!) I'd make sure they're labeled right by doing some research on what they look like as juveniles (if theyre still pretty small.)

Back
Top Bottom